Creating jThunkable

I really love the building blocks design of Thunkable. From what I gather, one can only create apps that run on mobile devices. Has any thought been given to developing a Thunkable project that can generate the blocks into another language such as Java? That way, you could write Java apps that can run on Windows, Mac and Linux.

I currently use a product called B4J which is a free Java development IDE. The B stands for Basic which means you code in the basic language and then IDE turns your basic code into a Java jar file. I think it would be great if there was a jThunkble that would allow you to build your application as a GUI or console app using the Thunkable building blocks. Then compile those blocks into a Java jar file.

hey you cant do that with but you can build web apps for it

@Ralph_Freshour,

You might look at the thunkable web viewer and web api components. These components allow you to integrate hosted web services in your thunkable app. I have created several NodeJS REST APIs to take advantage of javascript, making Thunkable a “thin client” for my apps.

2 Likes

But you can only view it on your phone, correct? Because it’s still a mobile app. In other words, it’s not accessed via https://www.YourWebsite.com ?

Im rethinking my answer to your question. Are you thinking of something like Blockly?

1 Like

I thought he ment instead of building apps to mobile devices why not create a development platform to create apps for computers too and he recommended to do the same interface but compile the code into java.

I might be wrong but this is what I got from the post.