Create individual buttons to return individual filters from a range in a Google Sheet

I see another problem. You are setting J to the value of the DAYS column but it needs to be the ID column.

i already told him that the 2nd if block is not needed because he’s already inside the if-monday-block, he already knows to re-color monday button.
regarding DAYS, it’s a concatenation of all flags from monday thiu sunday into a text field, automatic in excel. hence he only needs to check if DAYS contains the day he desires intead of cascading if’s on all day flags. DAYS is supposed to be associaed with daysofoplabel in the data viewer list - that’s what the first contains-block is testing for.

1 Like

Hi @manyone, I did not see your reply.

I am not sure of this.

Yes, and they and the columns are correctly bound.

Here is an image of my GSheet tab:

Here is the link to my Project:

I am working on the Timetable Screen

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/63a07ee1bd10fa430523ad49d885afc9

Andos.

Hi @manyone and @tatiang, here is also an image of my design page showing that my “DaysOfOpLabel” is bound to the “DAYS” of my GSheet.

Andos.

have you tried taking out the 2nd if block but keep its contents inside the if-monday-clicked but after the for-each block.

if monday clicked
    for each
        if... contains..
       call dvl refresh
     set mo color
     blah
     blah

I shall try that now and let you know what happens…!

Andos

the set mo color blah should not be inside the for-each-loop. also try contains “1”, or contains 1
also please check again in properties panel that DAYS is bound to data-viewer-list’s daysOfOp field

Hi @manyone, is this correct?

Andos.

1 Like

You need to correct this first to be able to test

Hi @manyone,

Here are my results after you advice ablove:

Andos.

Hi @muneer, is this now correct?

Live Test Result:

Andos.

1 Like

in my simple demo, this is what the dvl blocked look like - it had a wrapper over the entire contents:

i dont have much experience in buiding a custom data viewer layout - can you provide a wrapper around your panel also - that’s the one you set to visible or not visible. the reason your dvbl is shoiwing is you have a final set dvl visible to true at the end of allt the day button colors.

i have a feeling you’ve bound the DAYS to the wrong field - the daysoplabel is just that a label (which has an intial value of “day of op”. . the contents of DAYS should be bound to another field - maybe you meant to show it in TRow4?

can you try the contain block to test for 1 (not “1”) - after you’ve put the wrapper and verified the dvl field that DAYS is bound to,

there’s no need for that get-value block if you’re already testing the correspondig DVL field,

1 Like

This block will not work

Hiding or showing the entire DVL will not give the effect. You should have all your labels inside a row/column combination that should contain all the information for a single row. You should hide/show this row/column not the actual DVL component.

Do this and I’m certain it would work.

1 Like

that’s what i meant by wrapper - aka row/column combination - i just don’t know how to make it.

1 Like

That’s ok @manyone, I don’t know how to create a layout wrapper either. However, as @muneer has suggested setting the row containing the DVL’s visibliity.

Andos.

1 Like

Not the row containing the DVL. I’m saying the row or column inside the DVL containing all other labels.

Ahh I see, I have just changed the visilbilty for the row containing the DVL. That’s probably why it didn’t work.

I shall amend it and let you know.

Andos.

1 Like

Hi @muneer, all my rows inside the DVL are contained inside a column called “Data_Viewer_List2’s TimeColumn” (We’ll call this DVL2’s TimeColumn from now on. So I have set this column visibility. However, the blocks require a “row id” See below:

Andos.

1 Like

that’s the variable j - put it there! when you said for each j , each j is loaded with the row-id from the list.
the last one - should be as before - set data viewe list2 for j visible to true - you want the whole dvl list to be visible (because you had turned it off at screen open.
so the last one should be

1 Like

Hi @manyone,

here are my blocks:

The Live Test still did not work.

Andos.