Create individual buttons to return individual filters from a range in a Google Sheet

this short demo illustrates the functionality you desire: enter day of week (1=monday…7=sunday) and the resulting list is filtered from the original list, showing all rows that have the corresponding day of week is populated.

• at the start, the list shows the full list

• then enter a one-digit day of week (eg. 3) at top and the displayed list should change to show only those rows that have wednesday (dayofweek=3) in them

the number being displayed on the right (eg. 356, 367, etc) is a computed column, which i called Days, which is a concatenation of all the indicators for the whole week, in each row.
see description below

here is a picture of the google sheet:

here’s the link to the google sheet. make a copy and upload to your google drive.

in order to do make this work, you have to add a new column, Days, which has a formula that concatenates all the days of the week in one row.
=concatenate(H2:N2)

then later during selection, you use the (does this text contain the letter?) block when loading the data viewer list in order to determine if the itme is to be made visible or not. see the whole program below:

note that i’m just using a plain and simple data viewer list to show this demo, but you can design your own custom design to show all the fields you need.

also i’m using a poor man’s way to input data - input text! you can surely use different buttons for different days of the week - just make sure each of them deposits the value of the day of the week to one and the same variable, say day_of_week. (for the clear button, set day_of_week to 0).

in the program above, this day_of_week variable would replace the “text input 2 . text” block.
i hope this helps.