Corona Virus TrackR

If you are like me, you love data. You probably want to see the numbers, even if you dont love data. Because we want to know. I have 1 page added in so far, I plan to add more info for each country with data about the current day. Check it out!

https://thunk.app/w/1_kOMqrbm

5 Likes

Super cool Jared :slight_smile: I was doing this in my own personal excel file, this is much smarter - hats off!

Look into the back button, I get more and more double/triples of countries and the curves starts to look weird after a few backā€™s as data from different countries are in the same curveā€¦it is a mess :slight_smile:

I think an easy fix that does not cloud the great idea at all!

2 Likes

This is awesome, great work @jared

One small thing I notice is that you might not be clearing out your list of countries before you add all the countries back into the list, so each time you click a country and then click back you all the countries listed again.

e.g Hereā€™s what happened after viewing 3 countries:

1 Like

itā€™s a supercool app! but iā€™m getting the same result that @domhnallohanlon got. the countries repeat after you press the BACK button. also you might like to check how you sort the x-axis , it seems to be sorted on date within some other grouping, the whole scale seems to have been split - thatā€™s why the curve kind of ā€œrepeatsā€ after a sudden drop, when it should be a gradual curve.

1 Like

Manyone, I also saw this repeat of curve, but it happens only after visiting several countries, and my hunch is, that the data from previous country gets mixed into the graph of the new country - it that all makes sense?!?

1 Like

Thanks all! I will Address this today!!ā€™ I appreciate the feedback!

@henrikhngj5 @domhnallohanlon @manyone

[UPDATE]

I have fixed the lists not being cleared. I overlooked that last night.

the data are weird though. sometimes there are ups and downs in the data which dont make sense considering these are linear data sets. All data is queried from covid19api.com

1 Like

This is really cool (and kinda scary). Perfect example of how powerful web apps are.

(edit)

Great to see the graph is interactive too! Hovering the mouse or right click to save graph as an image.

1 Like

[UPDATE]
https://thunk.app/w/-4YV02A8R

I added 3 more metrics to look at

I plan to add a delayed chart to show the total #'s when taking total population into consideration.

1 Like

i like the additions!
BTW, in the gauge charts, did you mean percent of population or percent of total cases?

1 Like

Thank you!
I mean to say

From those infected:

I have updated the charts. It will reflect this momentarily! Thanks for pointing this out! @manny.juanr2ve

I would like to adda search bar on the country select screen!

itā€™s really me (manyone) - i couldnā€™t get the full list of countries in listviewer when i run from firefox but i had to use chrome (under a different user id!) to see the app in action! thanks for the changes!

1 Like

in addition to your search bar, may i make a suggestion - can you have the listviewer sorted on descending # of cases? i know it complicates the process, because now you have to add the #of cases (and # of deaths) in the listviewer! but still perform the lookup correctly on item press

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check this out. May be a bug that needs to be addressed with the system

Thank you for the suggestions!

1 Like

jared, i donā€™t know what you did but now firefox now lets me view your app (it used to just hang). thanks for the fix.

3 Likes

Itā€™s cool with quickchart.io but i have issues formatting the x axis label. The date in the format presented by the api is executed as maths function. 2020-05-07. I had to remove (-) as seen in the pic below:

I will prefer to have dates as 05-07
Can you help me out? Here is the MWA: https://thunk.app/w/VT7igpcvf

1 Like

You need to send them differently. You should be able to send your Dacia values as a string by including ā€˜ ā€˜

You should be able to send words as your xaxis values. So this means you should be able to format your xaxis values how you want.

2 Likes

Thank you helping to solvešŸ‘‹šŸ»

2 Likes

have you looked at the data with the Y-axis as a logarithmic scale?

think about the difference between 0 and 1, that is a 100% increase, a big jump.
no
think about the difference between 99 and 100, that is a 1.1% increase, a tiny jump but on this graph would look equal.

itā€™s just a different way of looking at data.

1 Like

Is there a way of specifying log scale with quickchart.io?
Iā€™m not good in java script, so I could not implement your solution. That was why I opted for this.

1 Like
   "type":"line",
   "data":{
      "labels":[
         "January",
         "February",
         "March",
         "April",
         "May"
      ],
      "datasets":[
         {
            "label":"Corrects",
            "data":[
            ],
            "borderWidth":1,
            "pointBackground":"green",
            "fill":false,
            "borderColor":"green"
         },
         {
            "label":"Incorrects",
            "data":[
            ],
            "fill":false,
            "borderColor":"red",
            "pointStyle":"star",
            "pointRadius":4,
            "borderWidth":1
         }
      ]
   },
   "options":{
      "title":{
         "display":true,
         "text":"BEHAVIORNAMEGOESHERE",
         "fontColor":"Black",
         "fontSize":32
      },
      "legend":{
         "position":"bottom"
      },
      "scales":{
         "yAxes":[
            {
               "type":"logarithmic",
               "ticks":{
                  "autoSkip":false,
                  "min":.001,
                  "max":1000,
                  "callback":"function (value",
                  "index",
                  "values)"{
                     if( value==.001 || value==.01 || value==.1 || value==1 || value==10 || value==100 || value==1000){
                        "return value +"                        " per minute"                        ";"
                     }
                  }
               }
            }
         ]
      }
   }
}
1 Like