Still in development, but works well!
LiveG Technologies have now created an open-source code editor that you can inject into your app.
- No extensions, just a WebViewer that has CodeMirror embedded into it.
- Really cool features, including line numbers, syntax highlighting, bracket pairing and more!
- Customisable, built for any programming language.
- Softkeys at the bottom of the editor for easy coding on mobile.
- Intuitive way to get and set the editor’s current code.
- This is what you’re looking for. The only code editor on Thunkable (yet).
Grab it now!
Get the example app: CodeAreaExample.aia (72.9 KB)
Learn how to implement it:
- Create a new app with a WebViewer and a File object.
- Rename CodeAreaExample.txt (306.1 KB) to
CodemirrorCompiled.htmland upload it in the Media section of the editor.
- Insert the following code in the Blocks section:
To set and get text in the editor, just use the
Web_Viewer1.WebView String block, as it contains the current editor’s code.
Have fun, and don’t forget to credit LiveG Technologies! https://liveg.tech
EDIT: Version 1.0.1: Fix tab indents.