Cloud variable to retrieve user data

is it possible to enter an Email address for a specific user and retrieve the data associated with the user id, let me say the username for example. if possible I need help with that.

Why would you need to do that? Normally, you would access their data from the user id.

If you needed to, you would store the email address when they sign up and associate it with their user id. So something like this in Firebase Realtime Database:

/users
     /[userid]
          /emailAddress : "test@test.com"

what if you are trying to get another user’s detail lets use an example like searching on Facebook or telegram and then it returns what they provided let me say there username.
thanks for replying in advance.

Then I would set it up as I showed above. The problem is that you’re going to have to give every user access to every other user’s data.

So probably a better way to do this would be to have a separate directory like this:

/users
/userEmailAddresses [
     *userid1* : *emailaddress1*
     *userid2* : *emailaddress2*
]

Can you illustrate using blocks

It would be something like this:

I haven’t tested that but that’s the general idea.

·····················································································································
Need help? How to Ask Great Questions :sparkles: Debugging A Project :sparkles: API JSON Tutorial

Want to hire a Certified Thunkable Expert? Elevate your app with Tatiang on Fiverr

thanks I will try

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.