Chat app In Thunkable drag and drop

There are links and videos about this here:

Hi There,
Yesterday, I tried to make chat app on DnD Thunkable and using the cloud for Realtime DB, but I still canā€™t using Realtime DB if I open the app on another account, I hope that someone will be checking this project and then remix or just tell me what should I do as of I can make a chat app on DnD Thunkable.
The project.

Youā€™re setting a cloud variableā€™s value which will change the data in Firebase. But youā€™re not getting any data from Firebase. You need to use the path to the Firebase nodes such as cloud variable [app variable name group] to get data back.

Also, access to your Firebase data will depend on the rules youā€™ve set up in Firebase.

But, actually Iā€™ve done to add API Key and database URL from my firebase sir, and then I add cloud for variable name group and still same like before.
I got your point, if I set a cloud variableā€™s value and then my data in my firebase will be changing too, right?
The project after I made cloud for variable name group

You are still not using the cloud data in any way after you store it. What are you wanting to do with Firebase?

Oh no, But I donā€™t understand which kind of codes that I can use the cloud data, could you help me to give me a sample code for doing that? sorry for disturbing your time.

Thunkable can store data locally on the phone with app variables and stored variables or in the cloud (in Firebase) using cloud variables. What kind of data do you want to store in Firebase? Are you wanting to store the chat messages in Firebase?

Yes sir, I want to make Realtime DB on DnD Thunkable with using cloud variables. So, if someone uses key for the name group on my chat app, they directly can see what happen on the chat and join the chat too. So, I can say that message on the chat app wonā€™t be gone if someone tries to join too on the same group.

Oke sir, this is the Chat App on the old Thunkable Chat App If I want to change to make this one on DnD Thunkable what should I use the code if I want to use cloud variable.

Hello sir, I hope that you are doing well. If you remember, I am one of the learners who is curious about the Chat App on DnD Thunkable. My team and I tried again to make one Chat App that connects with Firebase using Cloud Variable. I followed and read a lot of steps here, back again to read because I didnā€™t understand. But finally, I did sir. I made one Chat App on DnD Thunkable connecting Firebase with Realtime DB and using Cloud Variable. To be frank, this community is really helpful and I want to say thank you. So if someone wants to try to make a Chat App on DnD Thunkable, you can use this link to remix or something else.
Chat App on DnD Thunkable

2 Likes

I appreciate that! Thank you. Iā€™m glad you persevered and got it to work.

2 Likes

Hi there i have try to use these blocks to create chat app in screen one i have put following blocks.

and these for screen 2
Capture2
but they do not work can you help me to correct them