Changing properties of cloned components (DIY Advanced Listviewer)

Thanks… I have tried that, but the window only scrolls with what is on the screen, can’t scroll outside that.

It just flexes back when I try to scroll… If you put more items than what fits a screen, can you then scroll?.

Can you share a screenshot of your component tree @Claus_Holbech1?

What @jared has suggested should work fine for this - the label just need to be above the scrollable column.

Thanks

yes! as your fill your column, it will start to scroll up and down. here is another example of the same idea on a different screen.

giphy (6)

1 Like

Thanks alot I got it to work.

2 Likes

@Claus_Holbech1 how did you fix it? what was the solution/issue you had to get past?

1 Like

It was almost too simple… I was focused on getting the row with the clonable content to scroll, where I instead just had to do it on the row i cloned to.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can I reference components by name?

hi @jared,

thanks for your kind reply,
could you please share me your extended list view (FB feed)

thanks and regards

Hi @justin.thanh84v20, thanks for reaching out. Can you describe a little further what you are looking for specifically? Would you like to be able to remix an app that can produce cloned columns like mine? Or do you need a custom list viewer for your purposes? (if you copy my app, yours will only appear as mine do unless you change the components and code. However, you can use the same style and fill it in with your info. You should be able to add/delete components inside a ‘sample’ column to make your style and follow a pattern based on the component number to be able to populate any other element that you set inside the original sample column.

I have previously shared that here.

Is there a different use case than what is shown in that link?

1 Like

Hello,
I’m using an android phone and scrolling seems to be an problem in your app, I cloned a few lables and can just the 3 1/2 Labels, the fourth label is just half visible and everything below label 4 is not visible and I can’t scroll further down.

In the Web “Live Test” it works fine.

Any idea how to fix this scrolling issue under android?

Thank you.

The attached screenshot has a low resolution, resulting in garbled characters.

Thank you for attaching a higher resolution image.

Sorry. Which picture?

This is a picture.

Thank you. It will be a lot of reference.

1 Like

Hi,

I am trying to replicate this but running into issues. Can someone please help?

So I have Airtable which looks like this.

I need to display this information on screen. The number of rows in Airtable can vary.

1. Add all Rows in a list and count number of rows. When I add an Alert to check the number of rows, it shows me 3 rows but if I remove it, only 2 clones are happening.

2. Clone a Column (with components inside) based on number of rows in Airtable and then Remove the parent column.

1. Add items from the Airtable into the cloned columns. Currently just trying to add the phone number in the button and the city name. However, if I add the GetProperty bit, the screen goes blank.

Can someone plz help.

sounds like an “off-by-one” error @thestrengthinstitute

What value is being returned to your NumberOfAffiliates variable? Can you output that to a label somewhere?

So its showing 0. What mistake am I making in counting the rows?

@jared, @darren I tried to take inspiration from your works but obviously I missed somethings. can you guys help out?

Hi, have you solved you issues? Just a quick input here. I don’t have good experience working with the count block together with list of objects, most times I couldn’t get it to work. I used “for each item j in list” block to step through the list and point each object using j.

Hi,

So I completely changed my approach and used data viewer list instead. It made the job much easier. But thanks for the advice.

Susovan

2 Likes