Can the webview upload files to sever?

I noticed that when using the web-viewer function, the mobile app does’t read the ‘input type=file option’ to upload to sever. All other form input types are functioning.

Try using “open links” block instead of WebViewer.

Thanks for your rep. However this option seems not to be available on ThunkableX

Hi @Oye

You can find the “open links” block at the bottom of the Control drawer in the blocks editor.

Thanks Domhnall, I would try this and revert back if it works.

1 Like

@actech - does (or did?) this work? What type of link would you open here?

A workaround I’m using is calling a Gravity Forms form on a Wordpress page, using the web viewer. You can build/format the form so it matches your app, and the file upload works great. You can upload multiple files, too. The only limits are the file upload sizes set on your site via your PHP settings.

1 Like

@actech - does (or did?) this work? What type of link would you open here?

If something doesn’t work in WebViewer, then I suggest using an external browser where you can call a script or an external html page. That’s what I suggested we do. In my recent research, uploading a file to the server works in Live on Android 9 using WebViewer.

But I can’t say that WebViewer is stable. From time to time, I have problems displaying local files in WebViewer in Live on Android.