Calculate distance travelled

pls create another topic for it

I did and no one replied, so I thought maybe someone here could help

you got you lat long assignments reversed:

Hey I’m still lost at his part, did you figure it out to be successful?

This is a long topic at this point so I’m not sure which post you’re referring to but I can tell you that I used this formula in Thunkable and it works great. It’s fast and accurate. But it took something like 100 blocks to set it up and it took me a LONG time to double-check everything to make sure the math was correct.

It’s much easier to just plug the formula into a Google Sheet and reference the result from Thunkable but I decided I wanted the processing to happen within the app so I built it all using Thunkable blocks.

1 Like

guys, I don’t know what you have done.

function (get place){

Is this a solution? Or did you have a question about those blocks?

I mean null value is returned by the dlon variable which in sense return value to others. by the function is not supported

fucntion

dlon-other-dlon+null

function (get place){

follow this thread

Hey Manyone

Question

In the code vs the google sheet function

The end result in miles doesn’t match.

I started a post about it.

Everything matches up until the 180/PI

Thoughts

Hey Hey Everyone,

Little help.

I must be missing something. This did work at one point about a month ago.

Here is the Havesine sample I put together. The google sheet says one thing and the app says another. I have mapped out all variables up to D. D is off.

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/6587784c856ddf4fb5cabc7d/1bcce8b7-3d25-409a-93b8-75deecebd725/blocks

Anyone responding, please comment on the topic that has already been created for this issue (link below). We now have three topics by @cresto.pgaxq2 that are being updated for this single issue which causes extra work for people who have to go back and read through multiple threads.

Original topic: Haversine Formulas (Or ACOS/COS/SINor SQT) Not functioning with Sensor Location

Keeping everything in a single topic is more efficient for the community. I know you’re wanting answers, @cresto.pgaxq2, and hopefully what I posted in your original topic is helpful or can spur additional help from others.

1 Like