April release disappeared?!

Yesterday I read about a new April, 02 release containing zoom controls in blocks section, location sensor and some more new features but suddenly I cannot find it anymore and also the new features are missing in Thunkable X :thinking::confused:

any specific reason for that?

The release notes have been updated but there was never an official announcement on the community.

https://docs.thunkable.com/x/release-notes.html

1 Like

Oh I see then it was in the Documentation that I read this… Still there’s a changelog but no update :thinking:

It will probably be live within the next few days. They could’ve run into some issues or just updated the notes early.

1 Like

Hope we’ll see the update soon because right now it is really hard to navigate in the blocks section…

April fools :joy:

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the confusion. We were getting a little held up on the release due to some 3rd parties we are dependent upon. We are hoping that we have our new release out by today. Will send an announcement when it’s available.

Albert

1 Like

Any we’re live . . .

but what happened to location sensor? :disappointed_relieved:

We have to go back to the drawing board with it due to new privacy concerns about location sharing. We’re already working on a new one.

Albert

whaaat? :roll_eyes: why are there privacy concerns if every user has to agree to share his location :man_shrugging:t3: we already use location sensors on Android so what’s wrong with it?

oh man… I think it will still take a looooong time until I could finally build a Thunkable X app that is useful, working and worth sharing :slightly_frowning_face:

Don’t worry we’ll have something soon for location sensing and mapping. I am really keen to build apps with these powers too.

Albert