Apple Music Integration

I was wonder if it would be theoretically possible to integrate apple music into my app. The simple idea is to allow users to make a search in my app and through a web api, the app will return a list of songs from apple. A user can then select a song from this list, and later on play this song through apple music.

Is this even possible in Thunkable? I want to get this question out of the way, that way I know if its worth even trying to think about how I would make it work. Thanks.

Theoretically, yes!

Almost anything is theoretically possible with Thunkable because it’s flexible when it comes to accessing API data, opening external links, displaying websites & PDFs, playing videos, etc.

But your first step should be to see if Apple Music has an API (my guess is no, knowing Apple). If so, see if you can get a curl command to work or another method of API call using a third-party client like Postman. If so, then it’s time to convert that to Thunkable blocks. But I would do things in that order.

If you need help understanding APIs and JSON parsing, I created a tutorial: API JSON Tutorial (Video)

Thanks so much for your reply,

It does seem to be possible given that apple does have a search API which would handle the search part, they also have a media player which will handle the playing of the song. So it does seem very possible, but whether I can actually pull it off is a whole other story. I am only a high school student so I’m not exactly the most skilled when it comes to programming, web api’s is where I struggle the most. That’s why I love Thunkable because it helps me build my understanding of programming without the code itself.

Ill take a look at your tutorial on APIs and JSON parsing, but I may not find success.

You’re welcome!

I teach Thunkable to middle school students and I’m always happy to hear that high school students are using it.

Something to consider is that configuring and testing APIs is time-consuming. Something else is that ChatGPT, Microsoft Copilot and other AI tools can make that process a lot easier.