App to stop my dog from barking

I am making a app to correct my dog when shes barking at night by having my phone on her bench at night. I want it to go off when a certain decibel level is reached, i set it to infinitly record 5 second snippets & review them to see if she barked but i cant find a way to get the peak decibel from the snippet so i can make it go off with a vibration & tone when she barks. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

I was thinking there might be a way to do this with IFTTT but I don’t see anything for mobile phones. And the Cloudinary API has a way to increase or decrease the decibel level of a sound recording but not a way to measure it. So I’m stumped!

1 Like

These look promising:

2 Likes

MDN now has a way to measure sound level.
AnalyserNode.maxDecibels - Web APIs | MDN this is the function.

Check this demo
https://mdn.github.io/voice-change-o-matic/

3 Likes

Measure Loudness yes, i am pretty handy with Thunkables components & variables but i dont know how to do anything outside of the Thunkable "Blocks’’. Could you explain how id set this up and use it in Thunkable? :smiley:

2 Likes

Measure Loudness yes, i am pretty handy with Thunkables components & variables but i dont know how to do anything outside of the Thunkable "Blocks’’. Could you explain how id set this up and use it in Thunkable? :smiley:

2 Likes

You will need to use Web Viewer Extensions for this.

See the example here

1 Like

Ill still need some help. I see this needs to be setup first but i dont know what website they are talking about and how i would set this up

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.