App to Share User Info from Excel Table

Hello!

New user here. Have searched the forums a bit but I could not find a clear answer. We have a spreadsheet with information on different clients. Each row is a unique client and the first column is a unique ID for the client. The information is updated monthly on the spreadsheet - basically a progress report of how the client is performing. It is a non profit project aimed at reducing alcohol harms in rural areas.

Is it possible to develop an app using this platform such that each client can only see his/her information when they install and sign into the app? Can a user database be created and the login details shared with the client instead of asking them to sign up?

Appreciate some pointers in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

You could do this via the airtable api and the api component. You would construct a query using that users ID as a query filter.

2 Likes

Hi Jared, thanks for the guidance to get me started. I had a go at it over this weekend using your advice and by looking at similar builds in the community.

To make it simpler, I set it up for a user to just enter his/her licence number. No need for login. The app will then store the licence number in local storage and then in the second screen, retrieves it to search for the row in the airtable containing the licence number and return the data from that row. However, it just returns a blank screen. I know the link to the airtable works as I tested it with a simple listviewer block.
Below is my first block for Screen 1. I think I am getting unstuck with retrieving the row info from the airtable and presenting it in the app. I am still learning about JSON, etc.

Any further guidance will be highly appreciated.

Then the block for Screen 2:

And finally my Airtable:

Thanks
Des

Hi All

I solved this today after reading and watching some tutorials. Thought it may be useful to share the blocks should someone need something similar. There is probably a less complicated way to do it, but my design works perfectly :grinning:

Basically, the user enters his/her unique “licence number” into a text input. This input is used to query an Airtable. The fields from the row containing this licence number is then looked up and displayed in labels. Kind of like a user dashboard.

Hope it helps!

Next, I will build functionality to record all user text input and the date/time the user inputted into an airtable.

Thanks

1 Like