App Store Connect: ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Hi guys,

We have a extremely simple App only with a WebView component. When we send the App to publish in the Apple Developer, we receive the response through the e-mail as bellow:

Summary:
App Store Connect: Your app (Apple ID: XXXXXXXX Version: 2 Build: 202211111115) has one or more issues.

Content:

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “Pif Paf: Compras Online” 2 (202211111115). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the ‘aps-environment’ entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the ‘aps-environment’ entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://clicktime.symantec.com/15uBhgu7nU7hcNTJvuyHj?h=aV_pVqazY6ctm3svhnC1MFffM2ygK0O5QhNG1Lee0jE=&u=https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html%23//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

Anyone passed by this error? We tried to find any misconfiguration in Apple Developer portal, but we didn’t find anything.

Best Regards,

Ivan Waltrick.

Hola @nttdata.cx hablas español? (Por el nombre de tu app lo deduzco), de todas maneras dejo la traducción al mensaje más abajo.

Consulta, tienes el componente push notification agregado en la app? Si es así, te recomiendo eliminarlo, aunque solo lo utilices para android, elimina el componente cada vez que envies una nueva versión a APP STORE, cuando necesites publicar tu app en play store, vuelve a agregar el componente push notification e ingresa el app id de onesignal.

Espero te sirva esta respuesta, saludos!

Hi @nttdata.cx, do you speak Spanish? (I deduce it from the name of your app), anyway I leave the translation to the message below.

Query, do you have the push notification component added in the app? If so, I recommend you remove it, even if you only use it for android, remove the component every time you push a new version to APP STORE, when you need to publish your app on play store, add the push notification component again and enter the app id from onesignal.

I hope this answer helps you, greetings!

hi @fredyfernando , thank you for your response. I am speak only English and Portuguese.

No, I am not using the Push Notification Component. As I said, I am using only the Web View Component.

I posted the screenshot of my project as you can see. I believe that must have any configuration in Apple Developer Portal of Push Notification Services, that I didn’t do. Do you know if is necessary to apply or configure anything specific about push notification? If yes, could you explain to me what is step I need to do this.

If you need any additional information, let me know.

Best regards,

Ivan W.

That email usually also arrives whenever I send the update, but the application is successfully sent to appstoreconnect, you should receive two emails, the first is the one you indicate, and after a few minutes or hours (depending on the availability of the equipment from applestoreconnect) you get the second email confirming that the process was sent successfully, as I show you below with images.

example of mails:

mail 1

mail 2

If you have not received the second email, try resending the app.

Also keep in mind that the app review time will be taking longer than usual as reported by the apple team.

1 Like