Any Hackathons taking place in 2021?

Hi!

I was wondering if thunkable is still taking Hackathons like in summer 2019…

Will there be any happening this year? Thanks!

1 Like

nop they arent exept mit app inventor one

Good question. I’d asked this previously, and received a reply from @domhnallohanlon:

1 Like

As far as I know, there is no hackathon taking place this year.

Let’s see @domhnallohanlon any thoughts? :grinning:

1 Like

I always have thoughts! :joy:

I’m making 0 promises here - but in the interest of having a discussion about this … What would folks like to see in a Hackathon?

We’ve run a few different ones, in a couple of different formats - what worked, what didn’t? What would you keep/what would you change??

2 Likes

Great! One should always. :grin:

I would recommend still keeping the old spirit on - the 2/3 day limit, prizes, and unique themes. :grinning: It was fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Feel free to suggest themes etc too - we’ll take everything on board

2 Likes

Absolutely! :grinning:

1 Like

There used to be a 2/3 day limit??? Maybe that’s a bit too little, what about 4-5?
Also, a couple of themes:

• Social media style app
  • A news app
  • A minigame app (a couple of short games to earn coins( game money) and climb a leaderboard)
1 Like

As far as I can remember, I built an app in ~48hrs & submitted it… Maybe I am mistaken about limits. Also, a 4-5 day limit is fine too!

Already happened…

:+1:

1 Like

Oh, ok. I’ll check out the previous hackathons too!

1 Like

Sure! You might find blog.thunkable.com helpful :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

my suggestions are to make a social media app or a covid vaccines app

1 Like

my suggestion is a course learning app like coursea or udemy or a app for book reviews and recommendations where you can keep track of every book you read

1 Like

Firstly, Udemy wasn’t built in 4 days. Building something of that scale is going to take ages, though it is a pretty good idea for a big project. But anything book-related and I’m in :grinning:

1 Like

As @kartik14 pointed out, a social media app theme was already conducted, and with something like a COVID vaccination app (I think you mean find vaccination slots near you), it’s delicate business and not something to be handled lightly and could probably be termed “unsafe” and “misinforming”. Not to be a killjoy but something like this isn’t exactly safe. Of course, you could make one for fun and app practice, but use .gov portals for the actual thing.

4 Likes