We’re very pleased to announce the release of one of our most highly-anticipated components - AdMob!
The launch of this new service gives you three new components to choose from; banners, interstitials and rewarded videos. Please note, that for this initial release, you will have to submit your app for manual review in order to use any of the new AdMob components in your app.
Take a look at our release notes for a more detailed description of everything that’s included in this release.
Thunkable Live for Android
You’ll need v. 62 of the Live Companion app, head over to the Play Store to make sure you’re up-to-date.
Thunkable Live for iOS
We’re working hard to update Thunkable Live for iOS too, but right now live testing is only available for Android. For now, if you want to see what ads look like on iOS you’ll need to download and install your app directly to your device.
The Banner Ad is the simplest ad to use. Just drag-and-drop into your design and you’re done. You can have up to one banner ad per screen in your app.
You can use up to one Interstitial Ad ad per app, and it should only be triggered after an appropriate event has occurred in your app.
AdMob Rewarded Video
Typically you can show a Rewarded Video to your user after they have completed some difficult or challenging aspect of your app. You can use one rewarded video ad per app.
Using AdMob in Thunkable ✕
AdMob is our first component but what does that mean for you, our creators?
- ACCESS: Anyone with a Thunkable ✕ account can preview and live test theAdMob components in any of your apps, however if you want to download or publish your app then you will need a PRO membership.
- COST: Right now, we’re offering AdMob to you royalty free, i.e. with 0% commission. We do, however, reserve the right to charge a percentage of revenue as a maintenance fee in the future.
- REVIEW: In order to have access to the AdMob component you will have to submit your app for review. We reserve the right to revoke permission to use this component at any time.
- TROUBLESHOOTING: If you run into any difficulties using this component, please refer to the troubleshooting docs first.
- USAGE: Apps that encourage users to clicks ads in exchange for some form of payment will not be approved. Similarly, apps that repeatedly load banner ads in the background of apps will also be rejected.