Adding the Bluetooth block to my app

Hello,

I am trying to develop an app that has to connect to a Bluetooth Low Energy device. I believe I need to add a BLE block to do this, but I have searched everywhere and there does not appear to be a block related to BLE. I am using the free version of Thunkable. Is the BLE block only available in the paid versions of Thunkable?

1 Like

Welcome to Thunkable.

You will find BLE under the Advanced drawer in the Blocks screen.

Thanks so much. I can see it now under the Advanced drawer in the Blocks screen.

But in order to use this block, I need to also add a BLE component in the Design screen. Is that true? I am unable to find any BLE component in the Design screen. I am currently using the free version of Thunkable. Is the BLE component not available in the free version of Thunkable? Do I need to upgrade to Starter or Pro?

1 Like

There is no visible BLE component.

Thunkable has two development platforms; StP (Snap to Place) and DnD (Drag and Drop). You are using the DnD which has few components (these has a visual image in the screen. All components that does not have a visual image were moved to the Blocks screen.

Just use the BLE from the blocks screen and start using the programming blocks.

Thanks so much for your help. I got it now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.