Accept Payments inside Web Viewer? Google / Apple Pay

Hey there,

In my app, I need to launch out to a web URL to allow a user to make payment with a credit / debit card. I can do this using a web viewer but the process of paying needs to be quick and easy but the web viewer which opens doesn’t have access to the cards stored in the Google / Apple wallet, meaning the user needs to enter the card info manually. This is different behaviour to when I navigate to the URL in my phone browser (Chrome or safari) manually, as I can use the cards stored in my Google / Apple Wallet to make payment without entering the card details again. Is there a way to overcome this or any integration with Google / Apple Pay available / upcoming?

Also, can anyone foresee issues with this app feature when I publish on the app store as I know they’re touchy about payments in apps!

Thanks

2 Likes

Curious about this as well!

1 Like

I would like some info on this as well. It seems very strange to me that there are a lot of time when in payments are not supported. For example Google wont do it for taxi hires etc, so some blocks that created ApplePay/GooglePay would be great. I find it difficult to believe that @Thunkable_Staff havent come up with something to help with this. Any plans guys?

1 Like

If you look at 📰 Release Notes - ✕ Docs

You will see that the In-App Payment is in the list.

Hi muneer. I had not seen that post so thanks. I hope it supports more than in-app purchases when it arrives. These tend to be for things like extra lives, new levels in games etc and both google and apple take over 30% of the revenue. My hope and wish is the proposed addition also covers payments for real goods and services such as tuition, taxi hire, and real products like clothing. These items are not subject to the in app purchase restriction placed by google and apple and it is support of this type of purchase that is desperately needed.
Do we have any information on what is to be included and when it will drop?

Cheers
Bob

1 Like

You can use any payment service that support API or Web Payment with callback that you can capture.

Please see this example

Thanks. I am aware of this and am currently reverse engineering it to get it to work for me. Hopefully Thunkable will come up with something soon as they expected to release it end 2020.
Thanks again

Bob

1 Like