A doubt regarding cloud variables

Yes.

Thanks!

@tatiang I didn’t receive this on my console. This is my code:

1 Like

An example is that my firebase console’s realtime database looks like this:

So to change the description from “Dog” to “Cat”, I would do this:

Have you been able to add any data to your firebase console from Thunkable?

Including other projects?

instead of cloud variable room you just right the variable as cloud variable room/Text_input 7 get text and you cannot directly get that in your variable so use :

this was an example and you will get that cloud variable block from variables tool bar

Can you post a screenshot of your realtime database, leaving out the top line (I think it’s called the bucket name)? The second line should be “room”.

@v.krishna Please edit your posts so that you can combine comments like that into a single post. Otherwise, these topics get very long very quickly.

2 Likes

Silly me! My bad, I just missed it:

1 Like

Do you love harry potter? I am a potter head

1 Like

So am I

think so…

Did you look at the key and guess that?

yep

Can I ask a basic question first? Have you supplied the Firebase API key and Database URL in your project settings?

One confusing issue in cloud variables is that if the Firebase keys are set then the variables will be stored in your database, if no keys are set the variables will be saved in the general Thunkable cloud. You will never get an error in this case.

The main difference here is that general cloud variables are not saved between app sessions.

If your database keys are set then your variable should work and should reflect a change in your database.

Another issue, you don’t need to initialise a cloud variable that you use to reference a key in your database unless you actually mean it. Just imagine you initialise a cloud variable that is actually a database key and reset the value saved in it. How will you read the info afterwards???

I have @muneer

1 Like

So have you established the fact that the connection is working and whatever key value you set in the app is being reflected in the database?

Are you still experiencing issues here? What your doing should work fine. I can give you an example of this if you’d like.

Yes, I received the value in my database. Check my post here:

1 Like

Thanks! That would be great.