[Solved] Jan. 2020 Thunkable X Blocks Update

Thank you! It is when I test the app on my phone via the Thunkable app that I notice that the math is off. For example, if I have a variable that starts out with a value of 5, then the block indicates that it should add 2 when a button is clicked, a label that I have that shows the new value should show 7, but instead it just shows what appears to be a random number … though I’m sure there is some logic behind it that I can’t see.

Thanks!

A random number or a string of 36 random characters? Can you give an example if it’s not a component ID (36 characters)?

Hi Guys,

I identified another issue in the update: I can not save stuff in local storage, neither in Live Act nor with .apk file. Has anyone noticed it?

I learned how to work with the bugs and stuff, but this one is f*ng me up =/

EDIT: Found out it was my mistake (once again). No issues related to the update HEHE.

The problem that I am having is with the “cloud variables”, when I set one one of the that type the “block menu changes”

If I change the type of variable it comes back to normal.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @rhuerta

What do you mean the block menu changes?

I think this is the same problem other people reported: Can’t use cloud variable functions. Namely, that when you initialize a stored or cloud variable, the “Blocks” menu – shown in a screenshot above – only has one entry. It’s missing the normal “Set [variable] to [ ]” block as well as other blocks.

2 Likes

Yes that’s right, as you can see in the picture, the variable blocks menu is not been shown right.

If it helps the bug fix, as long as the name of the initialised cloud variable isn’t changed, the variables blocks menu works ok - it just means that all the cloud variables have to be called name, name1, name2, name3 … :slight_smile:

I created one cloud variable, ready to create another, but the option is missing. And the only option there (change) cannot be dragged to the canvas. I’ve refreshed the page, no luck. Please assist.

What do you need from me to answer this question? I’m using the latest Chrome on Win10. I’d like to share my project but it says that the API keys will be shown. If there’s a way to share without that showing please let me know.

Try ctr + v

1 Like

Well that let me create more than one variable but I can’t use it. Still have the issue in the opening post screenshot where only one variable option appears and it’s not possible to drag that one to the canvas. Arrg.

Have you tried a hard refresh in the last day or two?

I just started in the last day or two :slight_smile: I found how to do this and will try:

Search the forum for “hard refresh”

You could try clearing your browser history/cache/cookies etc, then exiting and opening and reloading the thunkable site. Sometimes that has helped issues. The site was updated in the last day or two so there have been some kinks getting worked out.

Thanks for posting your issues though! It helps the admins sort it all out

3 Likes

Well it’s either a problem with my account or the site. MS Edge is doing exactly the same thing and then I tried it on another computer entirely, one that had never logged into Thunk, same problem.

Changed the name of this thread to reflect this new issue.

@betterautomations This is a known issue and we are working on it!

-Mark

4 Likes

I know people were having this issue before but I wasn’t effected by it until 5 min ago when all variable name changed to Id number automatically and stopped working

For anyone having the error while saving blocks issue you don’t need to count seconds everytime you make the changes to see if it’s the right time to make the next move lol here’s what you do you open Thunkable live app side by side and every change you make you have to wait for the app to restart/ go to first screen / splash screen if it does it means your changes are saved you can add several changes at your speed as long as the screen keeps going to first screen

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Mark, any ETA on a fix or suggestions on a cause so we can workaround in the interim?

1 Like

Thanks Mark, any ETA on a fix or suggestions on a cause so we can workaround in the interim?

This is the number one priority for us right now. We pushed a new release this afternoon which may alleviate some of the issues and we hope to have a fix within the next couple of days for the rest of the problems.

5 Likes