[Solved] Jan. 2020 Thunkable X Blocks Update

Hiya

I was having real problems until I opened Thunkable on Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer - just in case that’s your issue?

I have always used google chrome. So dont think thats’s the problem. If it is please someone tell me what to do…

@Chris’s suggestion to wait before navigating to the design screen or another block screen is solid :mechanical_arm:

Try moving around slower when editing blocks. Dont delete blocks until you are finished editing, instead move them off to the side. When you are ready to delet, try to put them into 1 function and delete them all with 1 click. otherwise. take at least 5 seconds between deleting any blocks.

Please try this and report back! I hope it helps.
@dorissey @funhall @fashinski

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t make that clear - I was using Internet Explorer when it wasn’t working. Google Chrome is working fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get a permanant crash too, equal what I am doing…

crash

Actually Nice that it isn’t just me. Really hope the think people can solve this soon or vi can choose to go back to the old version.

I have the same problem.
Another problem is that variables are not loaded less.

Hi,
I am very new to Thunkable and the app I was creating was working extremely well in Test until just today when my variable names started disappearing in my Blocks.

The app I am creating is one that asks questions and tallies a score based on the answers. I initialized an app variable named “Score” to 0 at the start of the first question. I created blocks to add various point totals to the score based on the answer to each question. The problem is that, while viewing the blocks, I’ve encountered an issue where thevariable named “app Score” no longer appears and instead it is a series of random characters. This has caused the math of adding to the score to fail.

Has anyone else encountered such an issue?

Thank you,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Welcome to Thunkable. Many people have reported this issue which just started very recently.

I imagine the staff will work to fix this very soon.

Welcome to the community @keithcrunk !! :pray: :speaking_head::speaking_head::mechanical_arm::person_gesturing_no:

Do you mean the math gets messed up when using the live companion app or the app when you download it to your phone?

1 Like

Hey,

All of my variables are now showing as their internal ID’s rather than their names and none of the blocks using variables are now working. Please screenshot below. Can anyone advise please? Thanks

If I hard refresh when I’m on the blocks tab for each screen it seems to help but it soon reverts back. I’m also finding that some (not all) of the stored variables are only local to page, where as others are global.

Another symptom is the screenshot below where no options appear and I’m frequently told a save cannot be made so I need to move a block. I’ve tried all of this in Chrome and Firefox with the same results

Dear thunk team.
It would be nice to have some status from you.
How long time do you expect to use to fix. Can you fix it all in ones or in small bites. If bites ok. But witch ones. So we can plan to use our time on some whole different stoff than making app.
I have payed a guy to help me with some details in my app to night. I don’t know if the program works or not. Shall I ask him to not show or what.
I know you are very busy fixing this. But please send out some more status.
Thanks.

@garry_lane @athornock @io.nut.ilie @carsonuw @fashinski @dorissey @johnob.johnobaj5az @keithcrunk @chrisanderson1006tt9

Thanks for bearing with us as we continue to work on this issue.

If you haven’t done so yet, please take a look at Jane’s initial post. It has some tips that might help you resolve the issue and there’s a form you can fill in that will help us in reaching a solution.

Thanks!

Thanks. I have filled out the form and tryed hard refresh.
But still I often have isues by deleting one single block.
Is there now way to go back to the old version. I will be happy to test when you have update to the new one offcorse.

For the moment, I would recommend not deleting blocks - we’re hoping to have an update out ASAP.

Unfortunately not. The nature of this particular update was that it can’t be rolled back.

Thanks again for keeping up to date with what’s going on - we’ll keep updating this thread as soon as we have any further status updates.

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon
Thank you.
I filled out the form even it is equal what app it is related, the error it is the same.
I am sure that in the end we will enjoy the power of the new update!
:partying_face:

1 Like

Has the new update also influence on the live test. Because I must wait a long time from i push live test to the app apens on the phone. Some time it dosent open at all.

Now I get this error when I open the downloaded app.
Beside this I can not live test the app.