Will the App Store accept apps made with Thunkable?

Hi everyone. Thanks for this question.

Our team researched this issue quite extensively before we built our platform and believe that the App Store should accept apps built on Thunkable because they are native, mobile apps. There are other platforms that also export native mobile apps that have not had problems getting into the App Store – usually, it is the apps that are not native e.g. a wrapper around a WebView which don’t pass the Apple test.

That being said, Apple reviews each app on a case by case basis – and does often reject apps for other reasons e.g. substandard user interface, frequent crashing etc Common App Rejections.

For those of you who are coming from the Android world, the bar on the App Store side is higher than the Play store.

You will need an Apple Developer Program membership (currently priced at $99/year) to publish your app to the App Store.

Hope this helps clarify some of the questions -

Albert @ thunkable

9 Likes

Thanks @albert for this explanation. It’s what I was thinking.

Do i need to pay 100doller every year for apple?

Yes to be able to upload your app into app store

Can it be uploaded to the App store?

no - Apple does reject Apps that do not comply with their quality standards - no matter that you pay for your developer account.

cheers, Chris

At this stage I think many Thunkable X apps would not pass Apples quality check because of lacking essentials that would be needed to create truly valuable apps…

Apple does not want „basic test apps“ that do not have a real value for the user in the App Store and therefor might reject quite some apps built with Thunkable right now.

best, Chris