Where is the Media DB in the new UI?

take a photo

basically, im trying to make an app that takes a photo and outputs text. and i supposedly neeb a media db component for that

The camera drawer has the blocks you’ll need:

The “photo from camera” block will allow the user to take a photo with their device. The “url from uploaded file” will take an image and upload it to cloudinary. You can put the first block into the second block.

With most of these blocks, you can right-click and choose “show advanced block” to see more options.

1 Like

you can also add custom secret key and stuff in project settings

thank you sm! i would love it, if you could help me with one more thing, which is OCR. i’m trying to make an app that scans text and puts the output in a list. could you help with that? i’ve tried searching it up, but nothing seems to be working

1 Like

@luv.ak.tech please note that @aishat.yatarovarxr already commented in the original post that you shared.

1 Like

thank you for trying to help, but i’ve already tried that method and it doesn’t seem to be working. do you have any other recommendations?

did you saw the other link from ai2

the second one is for app inventor tho

i dont think you can use it in thunkable x too i guess

But why did thunkable destroy legion’s of people YouTube tutorials just like that, when there’s isn’t even enough tutorial compared to MIT app inventors, now the video tutorial I was following on YouTube on how to make a buy and sell app is now useless, because it’s can’t work because media image upload DB isn’t there but camera snapping which renders the entire 1 hour vid useless, now I have no choice but to give up on learning thunkable to launch a professional project and look for an easier alternative, I don’t know why they Also mess thing’s up, like user’s will even prefer to upload pics than snap to upload.

Bro you really confusing everyone, do you know I almost gave up on thunkable, because you said media DB is no More, when it is still there, but not in the drag and drop interface, all you had to say was that he should unclick the drag and drop interface, infact I wonder why they didn’t add media DB there because it’s important and many vid tutorial available have been made with it, after hours of looking for thunkable alternative and I was about to start using appery, then I found out it’s available in the original thunkable version, please try to be specific next time, thank you.

The posts you’re responding to are two and a half years old. The product has changed since then. You can complain about the old version or you can choose to learn how to use the current version. There are people here who will help so create a new topic and ask a question if you need assistance.

But its not a small app, so I can’t code it without watching the vid, I Know JavaScript and PHP and have gotten by by always watching PHP vids for any project and developing it, this is possible because PHP literally have unlimited projects vids on how to develop a project from scratch, and even scripts, but there’s isn’t much here, for the buy and sell app it’s only this one https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sJyQFTcu0&t=5s&pp=ygUaQnV5IGFuZCBzZWxsIGluIHRodW5rYWJsZSA%3D so you can imagine how difficult it is, If the new thunkable version had tons of vids for different advanced projects eg like social network, forum or buy and sell and More, then I will happily switch, but there’s none that’s why, infact there’s no vid tutorial on YouTube on how to use the new interface to create a app where users can upload an image and then it’s sent to cloudinary database and then displayed back to the app there none at all no tutorial, so that’s why I will still stick to the Old version, untill vids about the new version is available/populated and wish it happens.also I just started using thunkable 2 days ago and watched some vids and have fully understood it but full vids project tutorial is very vital, not just because of me, If it took me 2 days to start understanding it when I am a dev, am sure multiple new users without programing background knowledge will find it extremely hard to create a project, but vids for project will definitely help them learn more and understand, thank you.

Hi there,

You no longer need to add a Media DB component to your Thunkable project to upload files to the cloud.
In the Drag and Drop UI, you can use an Upload File block in your project at any time.
You can find this block in the Files drawer of blocks.

Thanks,
Jane

WOW thanks, then please how can I recreate this code block image, please help out, so that I can use the new drag and drop instead of the old one, so what I mean is like recreate this code for me using the new drag and drop and file upload, here’s the image.

@jane provided a link to the documentation that you need to read to answer your own question.

LoL :joy: but this is for the Old UI, which uses media DB component and it’s what is in the description, but the new drag and drop used files and camera component, so was asking how you can do that with files as well.

The blue “Upload File” link in the post above is for Drag & Drop. Here it is again: Files Blocks - Thunkable Docs

1 Like