🎨 WDC #19 Can you rebuild the "Out of Milk" app?

seem tho im late again bruh ill try to finish it today , well this is intresting

Spell correctly means pls say again @eko.devs.apploroceo

1 Like

I’m absolutely awed by @tatiang’s and @muneer 's entries. Here’s mine, Practice Liszt, a ToDo music practice list.

Backstory:
My sister plays the violin, and we’re both huge fans of a YouTuber duo, TwoSetViolin, who merge comedy and classical music (Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt, Chopin, etc). Their biggest motto that they share with their viewers is ‘Practice’. So I made an app to make sure you practice! The name is a very badly executed pun on a famous classical composer’s name: Franz Liszt.

How it works:
The app allows you to add warmups (scales, vibrato practice, technique practice, etc), and pieces (the actual music/compositions that you have to practice). These are separated into two groups: Warm-ups, and Pieces. Everything is displayed in a DVL(data viewer list) under the correct category. You add warmups just by typing them in a list-viewer, but when adding pieces, an API fetches possible matches for what you’re typing, and displays them in a list viewer, like a search bar. You can mark stuff you practice as practised by swiping right, and you can delete it entirely from your practice schedule by swiping left. When you mark something as practised, it disappears for the rest of the day. It is not shown if you open the app later in the day. All the pieces/warmups you marked as ‘practised’ are shown the next day, so you can practice all of them again.

Screenshots:

I click the blue (it’s green because I highlighted it in yellow) practised button. Then I close the app and open it again:

It has disappeared for the rest of the day, as it has already been practised.

Try it yourself:
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/60e000bbaa6f750012a5394c

Blocks:
Practice Liszt screen (main screen): 91
Add Warmups screen: 16
Add and search Pieces screen: 151
Total: 258

Special components:
Custom Data Viewer List
Web API

What I want to add:

• I want to add a feature to connect a music teacher’s account with the students, so the teacher can add warmups and pieces to the students’ practice schedules, and see what they have practised every day.
  • I want to add a ‘practice streak’, to graph/chart the days in a row the user has visited the app and practised. The user can earn badges every time they hit a milestone (practised for 2 weeks straight, etc).
  • I want to find a classical music recording API/ sheet music API and use it/them in the app.
7 Likes

Great App
You @codeswept and @tatiang , @muneer , @domhnallohanlon and all Thunkers Always Make Best Apps

5 Likes

Hi ,
This Is My first WDC Submission.
My submission for WDC is called : Listing Master.
It Is a very very basic creation in which you can create different lists and add or remove items in them. It took me 3 hours to build and I used Realtime db for this(firebase)
My app link : thunkablecompanion
Usage : Create Lists And Add or remove items from it(The list is linked with your mail account)

What I Plan To Build:

1. Sharing of lists to others
  2. Family Lists Sharing
  3. Adding reminders for lists through push notifications

ps : remove list button has to be worked upon :grinning:
Thanks

4 Likes

I added the ability to select an existing category for a new item:

6 Likes

Wow i am absolutely amazed by the submissions everyone! great job!

5 Likes