Way to jump from one textbox to another?

This should work but is also really bad concerning user experience / user interface :grimacing: I really don’t get how Thunkable does not put this on high priority :pensive:

I reproduced a form like typeform.com like that it look cool and it’s okay for the keyboard problem

But since there is no way to communicate / send data between the app and a webviewer you cannot use the data in your app and also there has to ba an internet connection all the time… Therefor I don‘t see a point in doing that… also if there is a website why put it into an app anyways - it‘s likely to be rejected by Apple when it is only a website wrapper.

Best, Chris

?? I don’t use webview, I have redo a form like them on the app, when one input is done the other input comes

Oh so is this also one field per time? / screen? Like I wrote before that is not really good concerning user experience… I mean it depends - like if it is a survey that may be fine but not for settings or other User input… but also keep in mind that too many screens are not recommended :wink:

I use one screen with hide and show and come back back button and all that

AGREED

I have a simple login form (email, password) and even in setting up and testing only that much I’m finding that it is very annoying for the user to have to click the field a second time in order to focus it (bring up the keyboard and cursor for typing).

The issue seems to be that the default behaviour for clicking anywhere outside the currently focused text field is to unfocus the field (but without responding to the new field we are clicking on).

It makes the app UI seem very unprofessional.

How do we get alerts when this behaviour is fixed?

Thanks!
Joshua

1 Like

I really hope Thunkable can put this higher on their priority list. We don’t need more and more new features - to make a good app it is more important to improve the more essential components first that are not yet really finished and working well like textboxes, maps (jumping back to last set zoom and position after event handling), webview (no going back, no returning of current url, problem with offline files), images (they reload/flash every time you enter some text in a textbox and in other cases),…

4 Likes

Following this thread. I also am encountering this usability issue. I need user to be focused or jump to the next textbox when user clicks on “Enter” or “Next”. Is there any solution yet?

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no solution yet :confused:

Best, Chris

Hello @Chris,

Is there a solution in progress coming soon? If yes, do you know when it will be released?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I am not involved in the process of development but I fear that it will still take some time because the devs do not seem to prioritize this issue even tough I think it is something essential that every app should be capable of doing :grimacing:

Best, Chris

1 Like

The basic are missing

2 Likes

Hello,

This is really bothering users. Is there a way to escalate this issue to the dev team?

Thanks!

2 Likes

What are some of the ideas to push this feature as priority?

Most of the feedback that I get from my users is to improve the textbox flow.

1 Like

Hey,

I also don’t get how this cannot be high priority and has not been fixed since the initial beta release of Thunkable for iOS / Thunkable X… It makes user interaction a pain… Unfortunately it seems that they mostly focus on new features instead of getting the basics right.

Best, Chris

I’m also waiting for this, but there have been a lot of updates recently.

Maybe we can use the new Navigate To block as it can now take input?
There is also an unfocus block too.

I know this is an old thread, but it’s an old problem as well

This would at least be a step in the right direction, we could at least force this to occur after finishing an input text component

3 Likes

Please add a comment here:

3 Likes

Done, we’ll see if anything happens

1 Like