"Undefined" Text Input ** Please help!

Hello, I’m a newbie for Thuckable. I want to make a task management application for a school project. I want to display the text input on the User page by writing the text input on add page but it appears as the “Undefined” text. I don’t what should I do. If you know how to fix this, please help!

1 Like

in your user page, your first when_user_page_opens block has the label misspelled - it looks like there’s a trailing apostrophe in the field name:

also, you usually code only one ‘when_user_page_opens’ block. in your case, you could have stuck all four set commands into that one block.

2 Likes

It’s still “Undefined”. Do you have any other suggestions?

1 Like

In Thunkable design page, if you click in the x at the end of the fields in the property tab, it should clear the text in that field, so when you place a new Label in the screen, the default text for it is Label and you can clear it by clicking the x in the text property.

This is fine if you click only once but if you click again then it will change to undefined. You need to click the x again to change to empty string.

in your user page (which has the undo and next button), is that string “Task 1” a button? or a label? or an input text? you may want to share your link to the project so we can see what the elements are - or you may want to display that screen as a whole page showing the screen, the component tree on the left and the property panel on the right. it looks like there is no input text field in that screen but you are referring to one.

also in you eisenhower page, are those colored rounded rectangles buttons? is the word “undefined” supposed to be the button’s text property? you may want to check if you have a stray duplicate button because of the inconsistent naming sometimes you end the name with " block" (first character is space), sometimes you end them with “_block” (with underscore). the same goes with the way you named the buttons in the user page - sometimes there’s an underscore, sometimes none,sometimes Upper case Button, other times lower case button.

i’m just guessing here because we are looking at images only. when you are ready, you may want to share the link to the project.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. We are just guessing because we do not have access to the project.

1 Like

Here you go!
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/b4c5a68a49b11bbbb048029dfecef959

1 Like

You are using the variable in a page that comes before the page that you create the variables in.

You create the variable in page Add Page and using them in that page but you are also using these variable in User Page which is displayed before Add Page.

Move the variable to the first page or at least to the page that you use the variables first.

I know you might say, why this happens only in one of them not all but this is a different issue.

1 Like

Like this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.