Unable to use SSO (Single Sign On) Service

I have a web viewer apps. Recently i have integrate Sign in with Facebook and Sign in with Google feature on my website. This is working fine on any browser but it’s showing error when i am trying to log in with Facebook or Google from my Apps. Besides When i am trying to log in it is always opening browser and asking to log in again to my Facebook or Gmail account again. But i have an active account logged in on my Gmail and Facebook Apps.
271563993_475428284196555_5843558881086120498_n

2 Likes

That’s because in-app browsers are not as secure as normal browsers, so third-party logins can’t be used, but you can use other methods to do sso.

2 Likes

The message clearly says that Google does not allow executing logins from Web Viewers or iFrames.

2 Likes

Thank you tony.ycy.program for you response
Can you suggest me any other method ?

1 Like

I have added SSO on my website and that’s working fine on any web browser.
But when i am using my thunkable web viewer to build an app then i am facing this issue from web viewer.

Is there any solution from thunkable ?
or any one had any idea how to solve this issue ?

1 Like

We’ve begun scoping the work for oauth internally. There are alternatives at the moment.

For example, running a backend server that hosts a redirect page you can redirect after sign in to a page with a button that copies the access code to the clipboard and instruct the user to return to the app. They copy paste the code in the app and you begin the next leg of all authwork which can be completed beyond the browser.

Publishing an app ^^ way though, I’m not sure Is publishable. Definitely works for a webapp.

At the moment, you just can’t use google for Facebook oauth in a web viewer. It’s not a Thunkable thing, it’s a them thing.

2 Likes

The error message you got is due to CORS policy. Google has this policy in their servers which prevent any authentication codes to run from an iframe.

You can test it yourself. create an HTML file with an iframe element and use the URL of the iframe the HTML page that you use to sign in. You will get the same error. This is a server restriction not a Thunkable issue.

1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.