Time Picker doesn't update

Is there a way to make the timepicker provide the current time? When i launch the time picker (or date picker), the time comes up as the time that the app was started. If I start the app at 10:00, every time I launch the time picker, instead of getting the current time, it displays 10:00, all day long until I close the app and then restart it. Is there a way to refresh the time to be current? timePicker

You can use the DEVICE components to get the current date and time from the user.

@jeffd right but what @KaneoheKid wants, I think, is for the time picker to have the current device time showing when you click on it. There’s no way to set that displayed time to the current time. But I agree that it should be automatic.

1 Like

I might not always WANT it to reset to the current time based on the usage.
But what about a refresh event/property that could trigger an update when it’s needed?

1 Like

It seems like there should be a set property pretty common to have an initial content or placeholder property for an input

1 Like

Thanks very much to @jeffd , @jared and @tatiang. I was hoping there was an easy solution that I had not thought of. I entered it as a Feature Request so we’ll see if maybe it can be addressed in the next few builds.

1 Like

The set text feature of timepicker was implemented in the classic version but for the thinkable X, they have erased that feature. I am looking forward that feature again.