Thunkable X Voice Recorder

Thanks! I’ll try that!

1 Like

Related question? Is there a video recorder? If I can’t do audio recording, then maybe I can just do a video recording? Or is recording of all kinds currently not possible with Thunkable? I know there is a camera component, so I presume it allows me to take and save photos …

Sorry for the newbie questions. In case you hadn’t guessed already, I’m brand new to all this!

Thanks in advance!

I do think pictures only. maybe someone else has more info but at this time, i think that’s a ‘not yet available’ feature

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I’m thinking after looking through the docs. Video is possible if I pre-set a video, but there’s no way to actually record a video, not even a short clip.

Soooo close, and yet …

I’m off to make another request at GitHub! Thanks for pointing me at that repository, @jared!

1 Like

Great work! Thanks for posting those requests!

It was going to be just a note taking app with voice recording capability, but the more I think about it, I want to be able to do things like record sounds of nature around me, or record the sound of a waterfall or of waves crashing onto the rocks, that sort of thing. A sound bite that I can replay whenever I want.

I’d also love to, in a similar vein, be able to capture video of things of interest as I pass by.

Neither of these need to be very long, the capacity to record audio and video for 10 to 15 seconds is plenty!

I can see many uses for these functionality: the most obvious is, of course, to record and leave voice/video messages for one another without necessarily having a phone!