Thunkable Classic is Retiring -- What you need to know

Hi @Vamsi_Sarma, thanks for your feedback - I just want to follow up with some answers and a couple of my own questions to make your Thunkable X experience a little easier.

We have a full comparison here. I a lot of cases the names are just different, or the blocks are in a different place, but Thunkable X actually has more features than Thunkable Classic now.

Here’s an open-source example of how to add filtering to your own app:

Close screen isn’t needed in Thunkable X, because they’re not the same as screens in Classic, but yes, there is currently no close application blocks. The current recommendation is, since all modern mobile operating systems allow multiple apps to be open, and for apps to run in the background, that users choose when to close/dismiss an app themselves. The close application block is really just a throw back to the times when this wasn’t possible on all versions of Android.

Can you let me know which specific extensions you are looking for and I’ll tell you what component in Thunkable X will work for you.

This is fantastic to hear - the more you practice the better you’ll get. We’re trying to make it as easy as possible for anyone to build an app, and with your feedback we’ll just keep getting better.

Thanks!

1 Like