Thoughts on Thunkable's New Pricing Plans – Disappointed as a Free Tier User

Hello Thunkable Community,

I wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts on the recent changes to Thunkable’s pricing plans, especially how this will affect Free-tier users. As someone who has been a dedicated user of the free plan, I am incredibly disappointed by the new limitations, particularly the 5-screen cap per project.

The limit of three public projects doesn’t affect me much, but the 5-screen limit per project feels incredibly restrictive. For anyone who’s tried building even moderately complex apps, you know that five screens are far too limiting. It makes creating something meaningful almost impossible without upgrading to a paid plan. Honestly, I think this screen limit is atrocious and will hinder many aspiring app developers who want to create beyond the basics.

While I understand Thunkable is growing and expanding its product more rapidly than I originally thought, this pricing model might push many Free-tier users like myself to explore other app-building platforms that offer better and more flexible free-tier options. There are several platforms that still offer more reasonable limits for free users, and these new changes may cause many to switch away from Thunkable.

I’ve always enjoyed working on Thunkable and appreciate its versatility, but I’m really hoping they’ll reconsider this screen cap or provide more options for users who can’t immediately move to a paid plan. I’d love to hear what others think about these changes. Does the new limit affect your plans too?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thank you

3 Likes

Hello @longcodes22kpn5
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’ll pass it on to the team.
There are many ways to reduce the number of screens on most of the projects.
Here is an example: Build dynamic screen - Free Templates, Designs, and Block Combinations / Made by Thunkable - Community

Hello @ioannis and @longcodes22kpn5.

I agree with @longcodes22kpn5 here I feel like that limiting how many screens a project can have will drive users away from Thunkable.

If a user is new to Thunkable and they want to explore how it works, a screen limit may limit that and have them look for other low-code tools.

2 Likes

Hi @ioannis and @sketch

Thanks so much for your support! @sketch I completely agree with you. Limiting the number of screens will definitely drive some users away, especially new users who are trying to explore and understand how Thunkable works. A screen limit might discourage them and push them toward other low-code tools.

I also think a more reasonable limit, like 10 screens, would allow users to build apps with ease. Most Thunkable users are kids or people who are just learning how to make apps without diving into the complexities of app development. They’re not likely to be too concerned with “how can I reduce my number of screens?”—they just want a simple, straightforward experience.

Dynamic screens might be an option for some, but for those learning the basics, it adds unnecessary complexity. A higher screen limit would give them more flexibility to explore and create without feeling restricted.

Hopefully, with enough feedback, Thunkable will reconsider these changes and offer more flexibility for Free-tier users.