[Superpost] In app purchases and subscriptions for IOS and Android

Hey @HugoCosta - thanks for your patience!

Correct!

Also correct! :wink:

I hope this thread donā€™t die.

Or is there any way of inapp purchase via web api?

Hi @sinplekel9f16s :wave:

Welcome to the community! This is still on our roadmap, hoping to have it out later this year.

Still not ready? I need is so much.

1 Like

Alsoā€¦ :pray:

Hello all, I have a sort-of solution for you.

Using WooCommerce, you can use the API to build a shopping interface, I bring in all the products via API and save locally for a faster experience. Displayed via the new Data Viewer List.

I use a circular button positioned ā€˜absoluteā€™ in the bottom right for the basket, you can create a virtual basket (and with the API add or remove items), you can also have a small label to show the total products and update that when an item is added.

Once the user is done, they click the cart button and it takes them to a normal webview to pay on the website (which is mobile responsive).

Pricing view is incorrect, should be e.g. Long Sleeve Tee $25.00

Using either this or the standard List Viewer, you can open the Product in a new screen to display product variations.

I think this is safer for now as it means I donā€™t have to integrate payments, itā€™s just done via the web with everything else in the app. Iā€™m planning to use this technique for a restaurant if I can display product add-ons.

This may not help everyone, but it gives at least one use-able option :slight_smile:

have you published an APP using that

Not yet no, why?

I have no reason to think it wonā€™t be allowedā€¦

because you need to have an API component by thunkable not just one you come with app will be rejected.

@kizzy Hi, what do you meant API component by Thunkable?

1. How would google know if an API in my app is implemented by me or Thunkable?
  2. Iā€™m using an api to add items to a virtual basket, which then get added to a web basket in webview, the user pays there. As itā€™s a physical-item shop, not an in-app feature, I donā€™t think there should be any issues, have you experience of this?

(Payment is done on the web, not via mobile SDK functionality)

Any experience you have is appreciated! :slight_smile:

About the Payments policy
Apps that employ in-store or in-app purchases must comply with the following guidelines:

• In-store purchases: Developers charging for apps and downloads from Google Play must use Google Playā€™s payment system.
  • In-app purchases:
    • Developers offering products within a game downloaded on Google Play or providing access to game content must use Google Play In-app Billing as the method of payment.
    • Developers offering products within another category of app downloaded on Google Play must use Google Play In-app Billing as the method of payment, except for the following cases:
      • Payment is solely for physical products
      • Payment is for digital content that may be consumed outside of the app itself (e.g. songs that can be played on other music players).
    • In-app virtual currencies must only be used within the app or game title for which they were purchased.
    • Developers must not mislead users about the apps they are selling nor about any in-app services, goods, content, or functionality offered for purchase. If your product description on Google Play refers to in-app features that may require a specific or additional charge, your description must clearly notify users that payment is required to access those features.

This what i got from google

My payment is solely for physical products :relaxed: :+1:

Also, Iā€™m not technically doing in-app purchases, the payment is done on the web, the in-app payment SDK is not used (because it obviously doesnā€™t exist at the moment).

1 Like

Hi @domhnallohanlon and all others,

I got this notice from google saying that from november 1st, 2020, a new billing policy will be activated in play store:

" New features to acquire and retain subscribers "

Anything to do here in thunkable for me as a developer?

Read the policy and see if it applies to you.

If it does, make the required changes.

Hi @domhnallohanlon. I was very interested to find this thread in the community and I see that In App payments is coming soon. Any idea when and can I ask does in app payment mean support only for that? In app payments incur high charges from google/apple while payment for physical goods or services such as tuition appear exempt, Will the proposed tools handle both types of payment?

1 Like

We need this feature to bring ourselves up a level and offer tiered subscriptions and in app content

Seems like a huge task. Is it possible? If so, Will it happen before June? Before December?

3 Likes

Itā€™s something weā€™re working on at the moment - it is a pretty big task, particularly navigating the subtle policy differences between App Store and Play Store, but weā€™ll get there @jared!

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 12.05.23

6 Likes

That really is great news @domhnallohanlon!

This is dope. Iā€™d love to beta test if and whenever possible!

Thanks for getting back to me!

1 Like

Will it only be In App purchases or will it also handle sale of real goods and services like tuition? As I mentioned earlier in this thread, these are exempt from the high charges levied by Apple and Google.