[Superpost] Can I use a button to close an app?

Do not help me. Do you know what the block is or not?

No i have to look

The break out block only works for the blocks that loop, it works wonders onces a condition is met. (You need to add a if statement)

I don’t believe there is a block to close all the app, I can’t recall an app that closes itself haha maybe you’re thinking about changing a screen or stoping something?

1 Like

In Kodular you can close your application and here I cannot do it.

Mmm :confused: I don’t think there is a block for it in Thunkable though. :confused:

I looked into the docs and nothing.

I just need a block that turns off the screen of my app. In Kodular the block is called close and I can’t find it here. Does that block exist here?

No i looked in docs and i did not find anything

Yes, we don’t support closing an app right now because it’s not possible to do on iOS.

3 Likes

ok, how do i close my ANDROID app then? Regards

@agustinmarcantonio16 since all Thunkable projects can be installed as Android, iOS and Web Apps this means that closing an app is not available at this time.

Do you have any requests from your users specifically asking for this feature?

1 Like

I want to close the app when the back button is pressed in one of the screens.

Can the Thunkable Team please add a block that could solve this.

I want to close the app when the back button is pressed in one of the screens. I am not familiar with how to do so? Can someone help me.

hi @aditya.paul currently there is no block to close the app maybe send a request to thunkable?

@luv.ak.tech How to send a request to Thunkable to do so?

make a topic in category feedback

Okay, thanks

1 Like

Thunkable is a cross platform which means the features should adhere to terms and guidelines of both Android and iOS. At the moment iOS does not allow the close button and therefore I doubt if Thunkable would provide such feature.
:grin:

2 Likes

We could always have hope

1 Like

Their is no block for back press even. their have another method for this?

1 Like

So are you saying that pressing the Back button (on Android I suppose) does not take you to your phone’s home screen or that it does take you but does not terminate the application and instead keeps it running in the background?

3 Likes