[Superpost] Can I use a button to close an app?

Hi @fredmann,

If you search the community you will find several topics about this already.

At the moment, there is no back press event handler however we hope to have it added in in the near future.

thank you. so how do i stop the app from running after I have closed all screens?

hi, please is already solved this issue?, is it possible to control what happen with the APP when the global return button from mobile is used? Thanks in advance!

hi friend, please is already solved this issue? Thanks in advance!

As we search many times in thunkable blocks but thunkable doesn’t have this option why?
It required in every app for asking user to exit before thank you screen.

Please add close application block in thunkable x plat form

3 Likes

iOS (Apple) doesn’t allow apps to close automatically, unlike android does…
I think so this can be the reason why Thunkable team is not adding this block in thunkable X…
For each update, they need to make sure it works good on Android as well as iOS. :smile:

Or, u may ask someone from the Thunkable Team to comment on this :
Hope u understand :smile:

But I have to ask user to exit app then how should I code in blocks

That block will be released in a future update I think so…

This must be wrong :sweat_smile:

Bump

I doubt that because there are iOS apps that implemented this - for example because they need a restart after certain settings where changed…

Best, Chris

Hello,
I have a sort of problem with closing apps and opening apps…
How should I add a exit btn in my app (when button clicks, close app)?
and when I package the apk, the very first screen comes : Made with Thunkable… I just want to ask that will this also come when I publish my app to play store / app store?

Thanks in advance for help…

1 Like

That’s not currently possible in Thunkable X.

Yes, but if you want to customise it you will need to be a Thunkable Pro member.

11 Likes

Ok, Thank you so much!

14 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: [Solved] Click to add map markers

Hey ! I’m looking forward to learn how to detect when user is closing the app so we can execute one last block before it, is that possible ? If it isn’t, how would you guys suggest coming around it ? Thanks ^^

Hey @AcrobatEpee

Not really but you could have an alert appear when the user presses the back-button on Screen1.

Would that work for you?

Hi, does anyone know which block I should use to close my app? I am dealing with the “break out” off loop block but it gives me errors. Can you help me

Can you share your code or send a link of your project?

I just want to press a button and the app closes completely. What is the block that serves this? On other platforms the block is called close app here I can’t find it

1 Like

will these help?