[Superpost] Can I use a button to close an app?

lets suppose i used the splash screen and i wanted to close the app (Exit) from home screen, then how can i make this. thier is no block for close application

1 Like

Use this block.
IMG_20201227_111749

How to close app?

The only way to close the app is to press the back button or the swipe gesture. Of course you can close the app by terminating it from the app manager but this is not the normal way.

2 Likes

@devendrakoli41 what you need is totally doable. To achieve it you need to use a tab navigator:

1. Create a tab navigator and hide all navigator buttons and labels for each of the screens you will be creating.

2. Set your app’s main screen as the first screen in the tab navigator screen order and your app’s splash screen as any other screen (i.e. the second screen)

3. Create an app variable (not stored variable) on your home screen called “SplashScreenDone” initializing it to “false”.

4. Crete an IF statement in the “Opens” event of your home screen to check if the “SplashScreenDone” variable’s value is set to “false” and if so, navigate to splash screen.

5. Now it all has to do with what you want to do in your splash screen. If you just want it to appear for a few seconds and then go to the home screen then use a timer which sets the “SplashScreenDone” variable to “true” and navigates you to your home screen when it fires. If you want the user to press a button (i.e. continue) then in the “Click” event of that button set the “SplashScreenDone” variable to “true” and navigate to your home screen. It is totally up to you.

Note: The described approach takes care of the case where the user will press the “Back” button while on the splash screen. If so, he will be taken back to the home screen but the first thing the “Opens” event will do is to check the status of the “SplashScreenDone” variable and since it will still be “false”, he will be taken back to the splash screen again.

That’s really all you need to do :slight_smile:

Let me know if anything

Konstantinos

2 Likes

I unable to set blocks to exit app . Please suggest me how can set exit app blocks

No such blocks are available.

I think so! :roll_eyes:

moving you question here @digitalsunilpatelb9 since this question has been asked and answered already.

Please see this post for a full explanaiton:

Thanks

is it possibke in android ? if yes then please suggest

It is a bit of work to manage but It is working for me with 5 screens. the back button exits from any “screen” because there is actually only one real screen, it just looks to the user like there are multiple screens.

I suggest a dead-end screen with no UI and the words “Thank you”. Then the user closes it for you.

Hi Everyone,

I am facing issue like unable to close app by pressing back button now I’m forced closing.

I have multiple screen every where i have given while back press its coming on home page but from home to i am able to exit app.

Kindly suggest a way for exit the app.

Thanks,

1 Like

See this

https://community.thunkable.com/t/superpost-can-i-use-a-button-to-close-an-app/11747/78

2 Likes

Plz help me thunkable x. . how to add clossing buttom add

Did you mean closing when you said clossing?

And, what did you mean by buttom?
Button, I suppose?

If you ask for some button that exits your app when clicked, then the answer is that this button doesnt exists in thunkable.

2 Likes

A closing button can’t be created in Thunkable X.
Since iOS and web don’t support closing apps

1 Like

Please search the community before posting @messirk105l67 - this question has been asked and answered several times in the past. You can find the answer above.

Please don’t do this @pathcreator - this is a global community and the standard of English is naturally going to vary with over one million users here.

In future, please focus on the intent of the question rather than spelling, grammar, typos etc.

Thank you

4 Likes

@domhnallohanlon,

I’m really sorry for doing that. I should’ve phrased my sentence in a more–less offensive way.
Actually, I was wondering if the word “clossing” was a coding term which I wasn’t aware of.

Ok, I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for correcting me tho.

Regards,
@pathcreator.