Stored Variable works in Web Preview but does not save on Android/Thunkable Live

Hello Thunkable Community,

I am building an app in Thunkable and I am having a problem with Stored Variables.

I have a stored variable called:

BROADCASTLIST

It contains a list of saved broadcast names.

My setup is:

  • BROADCASTLIST = Stored Variable
  • SELECTBROADCAST = App Variable
  • When I press SAVE BROADCAST, I insert the new broadcast name into the stored BROADCASTLIST.
  • The list is then displayed on the screen from the stored BROADCASTLIST.

What happens:

:white_check_mark: In Web/Laptop Preview, the saved broadcast names appear and remain available.

:cross_mark: On my Android phone using Thunkable Live, the broadcast name does not appear/save correctly.

For example:

I enter:

PHONE TEST 1

Then press SAVE BROADCAST.

The phone does not retain/display the new item.

I also completely reinstalled Thunkable Live on the phone, but the problem remained.

Important:

I have already checked the blocks and I believe the Stored Variable setup is correct.

I do not want to add a Storage component because I understand that Thunkable Stored Variables are supposed to provide local persistence.

My questions:

  1. Should Stored Variables persist when testing through Thunkable Live on Android?
  2. Are there any known limitations or bugs with Stored Variables in the current Thunkable Live Android version?
  3. Does Thunkable Live reset/clear Stored Variables when the project is refreshed or reloaded?
  4. Is there a recommended way to test Stored Variable persistence on a real Android device other than Thunkable Live?
  5. Could the problem be related to the Thunkable Live project/session/cache rather than my blocks?
  6. Is there anything specific I should check in the Android/Thunkable Live environment?

I would appreciate any guidance before I make further changes to the blocks.

Thank you.

Hi @femiracle2024uh37tk

Yes, stored variables do persist in both the live app and on .apk exports. I’d need to see a screenshot of your blocks to help you troubleshoot why this isn’t happening in your project.

Grant