[Solved] Stored Variable not appearing

yes! I have incorporated something like this into a flight tracker i made recently. when you click on any flight, a window pops up on the bottom of the screen with info about that flight.

i use all app(stored) in your case variables to accomplish this. you could also use airtable or firebase but if only the person with the phone needs to have access to that info, then go with a stored variable or local storage. the stored variable works the same but uses less blocks.

Okay, do the blocks I have make that happen? So far I am having trouble getting the specific info where I want it. If I have 2 names in my Main screen, on my view screen the most recent text entry will populate regardless of if I clicked on the new or old entry

so.

if you store animal names in one list.
you could store the other information in other lists
and then recall that information as needed based on the index of the item clicked.

1 Like

see my blog post about this

1 Like

Thanks, I will play around some with the advice for a few days to see if I can crack it. Thank you for all your help :raised_hands:

it’s really useful once you get the hang of it. I have another method i use where i would just throw any info into lists, a name list, a age list, a breed list, etc. then when an item is clicked on in the list viewer, you can grab the corresponding item from another list based on the index of the original item clicked.

1 Like

So I can call an index if I want the information displayed on the same page as where my list is, but I am wanting the information to display on a different page. So I click a name in the list and it takes me to a different page where I want the information to be displayed. Is there a way I can make that work?

1 Like

Okay! So I went ahead and did some idea editing and coding and your blocks have helped immensly. The one error I am coming across is that whenever my Main/View Screen opens (say after adding a new entry or if I return to my main screen from elsewhere, the Names stored in the list will all duplicate. Is that something you have come across before?

1 Like

If you can post updated blocks that would make it easier to help you! :slight_smile:

:laughing: I took pictures and totally forgot to put them in!

So here is the main/view screen blocks fr when the screen “Opens” I only include these cause the issue is upon opening. Those other blocks are coding some unrelated things

If this is a bit too little, I will post link to project

Try to to set app Names as an empty list on screen open before the loop

Okay, with what I have currently, Annotation 2020-03-31 141106

No more duplication, but viewing the data a second time finds it deleted…

Worked well. Was able to tweak a few other things and its working well now
Annotation 2020-03-31 193318

1 Like

Nice job, @huntermclarkn!!!

Thank you!! The help/allowing me to learn on my own is a big help!