[Solved] Setting Image picture to a png retrieved from QR Code api

Oh. Right. I was over-thinking this. A url to an image is something we can just use as the value of a Picture component. Or, yes, upload it to Cloudinary.

1 Like

see, that i didnā€™t know. i assumed because it was an api, that it had to go into the api block and have the return value as the image, but i guess this would make 1000x more sense because its htmlā€¦ geeezā€¦ Iā€™m a goofball, its like when youā€™re looking for food in the pantry and you keep looking, and cant find it.

then someone else walks up and grabs it right away, and it was right in front of you, lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s a whole lot easier. Iā€™ll update the project link ahead but hereā€™s a simplified version. Itā€™s basically the same thing @drted shared.

yea, thatā€™sā€¦ i feel like an idiot, lolā€¦

also, i figured out that, when you want to add a new user account storage to the Real-time database, all you need to when they sign up is set the key to their new user id, and then make an object or list of the values email, vin, uuid, job history, etcā€¦ jeez, i expect things to be way harder to use than they actually turn out to beā€¦

2 Likes

App development is full of experiences like this. You spend hours debugging some small feature and then realize that thereā€™s a way to do the same thing in a tenth of the time. But itā€™s all learning, right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh, heck yea!

1 Like