[Solved] Map rotation and pitch

I am using the maps component and when I rotate or pitch the map with my finger it goes back to the original view (always faces north and flat).

Is there a way to solve this?

I am using an apple phone and using thunkable live app to test.

@domhnallohanlon maybe you can give some insight on this one for me?

Hi @ryan_hall_apps,
Would you be able to share how you are opening your map? I am wondering if you are using a when block that updates when the screen starts as opposed to opens? If you change the orientation of your device and are using starts with your screen block, it will reset. This can be remedied by changing the the block to opens and then placing all of the blocks for how you would like to orient and display your map. They will not change once you go back to landscape, or vise-versa.
Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 1.10.24 PM

Attached is how I have my blocks set up. I tried your way but the map functions don’t work properly as the map is not loaded.

My screen orientation is portrait and that never changes. When I rotate my fingers on the screen to rotate the map (to face south for example), the map will rotate but it will go back to facing north when I lift my fingers.

My apologies, I misunderstood what you meant by rotating–I thought you meant the screen itself. So this is a known property of the map function currently. We unfortunately do not currently have a block or setting in the component itself that would keep it from rotating back to north facing after a user has completed their gesture on the map.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for answering!