[Solved] ITMS-90078 Missing Push Notification Entitlement and ITMS-90809 Deprecated API Usage

Hi,

I wanted to publish an app via Thunkable to the iOS App store and I got a notification about several errors that I think must be Thunkable platform related:

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “Kältemelder” 2 (20191051123). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

Does this mean that my app can be published or does this mean I wasted 99$ on the developer account? Is the webviewer issue going to be fixed? Also the issue with the Push Notifications is weird because my app does not contain the push notification component at all…

I really hope that these problems are going to be fixed since I don’t want to waste 99$ and Thunkable PRO subscription and not being able to publish apps :confused:

Best, Chris

Thanks for reaching out in relation to this @Chris. Just one small (but important) point here - these are warning messages rather than error messages.

They are simply letting you know that there are things that can be improved, or things that will change in the future. They will not prevent you from publishing.

Nope, absolutely not and really disappointing that you would even think this.

Yes - we’re replacing it with a the updated component in the future. This has been discussed several times in the community already.

Agreed, it’s a “weird” one - but again, it’s a warning rather than an error, (associated with one of our other components if I remember correctly? ) and will not in any way prevent you from publishing.

Since you said it twice, I’ll reiterate - no, this will not affect your ability to publish.

1 Like

The webviewer thing is just a warning, you don’t need to worry about it for now.

The push notifications one means that you need to edit your app’s provisioning profile in the Apple Dev Console and edit it’s entitlements to include push notifications. Then you will redownload it and upload it to Thunkable during your publish process and you should be good.

Konstantinos

1 Like

I see - thank you for clarification. However I hope that Thunkable does have an update ready once the current webview method is deprecated and apps won’t be accepted with this anymore :see_no_evil:

Good to hear - sorry but one never knows. My thought was Apple might just have changed that and that I might have bought the 99$ account without being able to work with it now… Glad that this is not the case :slight_smile:

Best regards, Chris

2 Likes

Good to know - still wondering why the app registers with the push notification service without including the push notification component… Anyways glad it is just a small “issue” :slight_smile:

@domhnallohanlon one question concerning Push notifications: if I include the component with my app paying for the PRO account will it still work in the published build if I decide to pause my PRO subscription for a few months?

yes - your PRO membership is only needed to edit/update a private project.

If you don’t feel like keeping your project private then you can switch it to public at any stage with a free tier membership and continue editing.

Sorry for me being dumb but I am still not sure if I got this right: if I built an app with OneSignal and then decide to downgrade my account the push notifications continue to work for the built app but I just cannot edit the app anymore until I re-subscribe or remove the PRO component to publish it for free? :see_no_evil:

Thanks!

No, not dumb at all - you’ve understood everything correctly.

2 Likes

I am having this same issue but I do not intend to use any push notifications. I cannot find in my project where there is anything about push notifications. Any help would be appreciated.

ignore it.like @domhnallohanlon told @Chris