[Solved] File Picker Not working

I have been having a problem with the file picker widget in Thunkable. I am not seeing any other people with issues. When I select a file it is not returning anything… This app has been working for more than a year, now suddenly this happens.

Can you post your blocks so that we can a better idea of your problem?

These are the simplified blocks displaying the results… Tried the webapp in Safari, Chrome, on PC and mobile phone…
The weird thing is it worked perfectly before, suddenly the file picker is not returning as expected…

I need a solution urgently, this is the second time and I’m totally losing trust in this platform.

Hello @jp.leriche8ms5h

We apologize for the inconvenience!

We have flagged it to our engineering team and will provide an update as soon as possible.

In the meantime, feel free to reach out for updates. Otherwise, I will reach out here when I have more information to share with you via updates or a solution going live.

Thank you for your time and patience in this matter.

I am waiting anxiously!

Any progress with this problem?

Hello @jp.leriche8ms5h :wave:
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

The engineers were able to find the root cause but the solution will take at least some weeks.
Of course, we will inform you when it will go live.

Thank you for your understanding.

That is not acceptable.
The app that has the problem is used on a daily basis, “some weeks” is not good enough!

This is just a suggestion, and won’t necessarily work, but try to rebuild that section of code from scratch using fresh blocks from the drawer. Don’t duplicate or copy any of the old ones. Stuff like this has happened to me before and it was fixed by doing this.

Thank you, but does not work! Created new button, with new FilePicker… exact same error. It is an error with the FilePicker Widget. I can not believe that it is only me that has this problem.
Extremely annoying if you pay this much for something that is not working!

Are there any duplicate variable entries in the variable menu? Can you also replicate this problem in a new project with just a file picker?

Hi everyone, great news! This issue has been resolved with v426 of Thunkable. You may need to a hard refresh of your browser to get the version to update but once you do that, you should be good to go with re-downloading or publishing of your app.

Thanks again for your patience.

No, it has not been resolved:
Attached what I am getting back and that blob will not upload to Cloudinary.
Thunkable

Hi @jp.leriche8ms5h, this is a separate issue with Cloudinary. Please see this post:

The fix for this issue is expected to be released this week.

Hi Timothy,

This issue has been marked solved on the community.

This is the file link I get back from the file picker and that does not load to Cloudinary.

Please advise urgently.

Regards,

JP Le Riche

~WRD0000.jpg

Hi Timothy,

This issue has been marked solved on the community.

This is the file link I get back from the file picker and that does not load to Cloudinary.

Please advise urgently.

Regards,

JP Le Riche

~WRD0000.jpg