[Solved] Authentication not working on android but working on iOS

Try again. This firebase/lgin issue was reported last night and should be fixed already.

2 Likes

Still doing it. When I live test on my Ipad it works fine, But if I try to test on my Iphone I get the error still

Hey @ocalapizzamg4tl - Iā€™m just moving you message into this topic as others seems to have had/are having this same issue.

It looks like youā€™re live testing - do you get the same issue when you install the app directly on your phone?

Also, as Jared mentions, a fix was shipped for this a few hours ago - if you do a hard refresh that might force the update for you.

Let us know if either of those works for you.

Thanks.

1 Like

This sounds like the opposite of what @ocalapizzamg4tl is experiencing.

Did the hotfix solve this issue for you @jared?

2 Likes

How do I download the app to test it? Sorry Iā€™m new to this

No worries, hereā€™s a walk-through from the docs:
https://docs.thunkable.com/download#download-and-install-ios-app

Youā€™ll get an email with a download link on your phone and you can install that app from there.

Thanks! Going to try this now and I will let you know

for me it Looks that nothing has changed, I canā€™t even debug since iā€™m not able to download any data from Firebase.

As far as I can tell it has fixed my login issue. I will try to retrieve data from firebase and report hack

Edit.

As reported on GitHub by me and others, the firebase data save/retrieval process is inconsistent across platforms

2 Likes

still waiting on app to download. How long does it usually take to receive the link in your email? Been about an hour.

Finally got the download link for app. Works fine on that end, logged in as it should. (Not sure if this is supposed to work) but it isnā€™t polling data from my DB for my list when finally logged in. It does what itā€™s supposed to on live test just fine on Ipad. Again this might not be an option on the downloaded app.

1 Like

Google Photos

See the picture for the error I am receiving. This started happening yesterday. My code has not changed, and used to work perfectly.

I canā€™t create an account, or login with realtimeDB.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Edit/Extra:
It seems doing some research it seems that realtimeDB may need some link updating on Thunkables side?

3 Likes

Same here. I cant save/load data from RealtimeDB. Any solutions or fix? Old version of my apps that used thunkableā€™s firebase test account are working, but if i make a brand new test app (with thunkableā€™s firebase test account) it doesnt work.

Just today i made my first firebase account and it isnt workingā€¦ I was trying to find a solution but i see that iā€™m not the only one.

@jane,

This problem is not fixed and is still happening to a few Thunkable users that I know of.

I am using iOS and my software is updated. This happens in live mode and when I download the app.

2 Likes

Hey @ryan_hall_apps

Just to update you on this, the fix was rolled out on our end last night, but weā€™re waiting on Apple to approve the accompanying update to Thunkable Live.

A couple of things you can do in the meantime:

1. Make sure youā€™re running the very latest version of Thunkable Live (weā€™re on v184 at the moment)
  2. Try installing you app directly on your device, this way you wonā€™t be reliant on the Live app.

As you can imagine, app reviews are taking a little longer at the moment, but hopefully this will be available to all in the coming hours.

cc: @Lorenzo_Rinaldi @ocalapizzamg4tl @jared @wikilinks.infooleua0 @justin.thanh84v20 @davison_alinkair

2 Likes

any update to when this will be fixed? or approved by Apple? Still waiting to finish some testing before launch

Installing the app directly ti iOS device also error

both of my apps now log in fine, but neither of them are pulling data from firebase into my listviewer. I have made sure Iā€™ve updated the thinkable app as well as downloaded the app directly to my device. Is this the same issue or a problem stemming from this issue or is this another issue entirely?

it goes from one extreme to the otherā€¦Just when I was making progress the firebase/listviewer isnā€™t repsonding now

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Last week i build a project and it was properly communicating with Firebase DB, but same project download yesterday. But it is given this error. App Error

Additionally the same project i was tested through Thunkable Live and it was working yesterday. But today morning, Live also showing the same error. I am using the updated Live app.

Also i created new simple test project with other thunkable and firebase user id, but it is also showing the same Error.

Test Pro (2)

1 Like