Simple (?) Map App - Guidance Needed Please

Hi,

I wonder if someone could be kind enough to help me out with some info please, as I’m completely confused!

I’m attempting to create an app which when opened shows the viewer a map. On the map are a number of preset locations close to the user, with a route between the locations also shown. A “guided walk” concept.

I’ve looked at all kinds of videos and documentation regarding mapping over the past couple of days (there’s so many my brain is twisting!) , but I can’'t seem to find anything specific to my needs.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I’d be hugely grateful - and please bear in mind I’m a total novice when it comes to all of this. So the simpler the better!

Thank you in advance for any help.

What kind of app you are trying to make?

An Iphone app.

For example. Say you’re in a town centre and you want to visit the museums. You would click open the app and a map would appearing showing - from where you are - all the museums within a one mile radius, linking them with a route marker from where you are.

I can find all kinds of documentaltion and suchlike to add maps and do all kinds of things with maps, but I’m at a complete loss to find any instruction about that, which I had assumed would have been quite a simple thing to set up?

Like I said, I’m a total novice.

Hi @A.Smith, welcome to the community :wave:

This is definitely towards the more complex side of things, but definitely do-able with Thunkable.

What you need in your case is called a polyline. Each point-of-interest on your guided tour should have it’s object with latitude and longitude.

As a proof of concept, I’d recommend that you start by creating a polyline the links just two places and let us know how you get on with that.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks very much for that advice, I shall give it a try!

Check this out