Setting sprite's speed doesn't make the sprite move

So I’m working on a rhythm game and i’m having sprites added on screen in the upper part and them having them move to the bottom where the player has to touch the corresponding buttons to gain points.
My issue is that the sprites aren’t actually moving when im setting their y speed to 200.
I really can’t tell what im doing wrong.
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/ee6ceab6a3f67b705129624a893ce01b

1 Like

The first block in the do part of the create block should be a wait block. This will give the amount of time needed for the code inside the do block to take effect.

or you can even have it as 0 time.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking time to review my issue. I did as you said but it doesn’t seem to work even with 1 seconds in the wait block.

I tried 0, 0.01, 0.1, 0.5 and 1 but none seem to work.

1 Like

Can you share the project link or make a project that only shows the issue and share the link here. The way you reference the variables need to be verified. You are using variables by reference which works but not in all cases.

For the share variable, have you initialized it? If yes then you have to use the following block
instead of this
I don’t know if this will have effect but need to check it.

1 Like

I tried this and I can see it working

1 Like

So the issue seems to be using the component variabile. I don’t how this affects the code but after replacing the code to not use component anymore, all seems to be working now.

1 Like