Save App Colour Themes

I always make my apps with color themes/ patterns in mind. Normally I play with the color picker until i get something I like, but that is never one of the default colors in the boxes at the bottom. Could Thunkable add a feature where you can save colors to access them quickly when designing? I’ll create a GitHub request about this too.

4 Likes

You can use stored variable to save see my chat app i have used wallpaper u can use color and it will save Thunkable
Sorry if you dont like
Chat app Updated With Features - YouTube See this is my channel video i have put this chat app preview

1 Like

No, that’s not what I meant @rishabh_jain . What I meant was I design my app with a color combination in mind. I have to keep copying and pasting the RGBA/Hex code for each component, so I was just asking whether it would be possible to have a feature that allows you(the developer, not the user) to save your favorite colors and use them to style each component. It would be even cooler if you could have default colors for each separate component in each app (as a developer, not user). Like, maybe I could save the default color for screens in an app as light grey, and every time I create a screen, it is created with a light grey background. Likewise with the other components.

4 Likes

Ok Thank you for replying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for making a GitHub request for this feature!
In the meantime, you may be interested in using a website like Coolors to create and save color palettes that you like using in your projects, foe easy reference.

5 Likes

Hi @jane , really sorry. I haven’t yet opened a GitHub request about this, will do it today.

I didn’t know about Coolors! Thank you. This will be really helpful, but is it possible to link my colors color palettes to Thunkable to access them quickly? Otherwise I have to keep copy-pasting the rug/hex code into Thunkable from Coolors.

2 Likes

I’m making an app with the following color palette:
White (#FFFFFF/ 255,255,255,1)
Cobalt Blue (#4A90E2/ 74,144,226,1)
Light Grey (#9B9B9B/ 155,155,155,0.3)
Black (#000000/ 0,0,0,1)
And a few other light shades. I have this pattern:
Each screen is white with a cobalt blue header. Each input is light grey. All buttons have 12px radius, and cobalt blue background with white text. All items in a screen are inside a cobalt blue column with 15px radius, and then again grouped into smaller bunches of 2-3 inside white columns of 10px radius.
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 2.42.37 PM

So I want to be able to save styles to components, such as saving a style for buttons: cobalt blue background color, 12px radius, white text color etc. So every time I create a button, Thunkable asks me to choose a style that I have saved (just like it asks you to choose a saved screen when you’re adding a new screen), and then give those properties to the new button.

3 Likes

That would be very helpful if done. However, for now, just design one button and style it the way you want then just duplicate that button to get other buttons with same style and colour combination.

Not a solution to your request but a way to make it easier for now.

4 Likes

@codeswept are you a pro member in thunkable bcz i searched your id in public you’ve created more then 23 pages in thunkable are you a pro member ?? and more then 10 projects

3 Likes

Pls tell are you pro or what bcz i also want
:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Because you also want what?

3 Likes

Yep I also want my thunkable always get full so i have to create another account and create another project and i get confused which account has the project

2 Likes

And I have 9 accounts and my whole 9 account are full of projects and i cannot delete those projects so
And I am not having pro account bcz i am frm india
and so i am using 2 account in community

2 Likes

But i am not having dollars i am Indian Ok Fine I Will Manage

2 Likes

Firstly, please create a new topic about PRO. Secondly, I don’t have PRO. I’m using a free account. Thirdly, why did you want to search my username?

1 Like

Ok Sorry I Will not search anything And i will not make any new topic, I will manage with my projects

2 Likes

Also @jane, I’ve added a feature request for this on GitHub.

2 Likes

I don’t know why and how but I am not able to access my github account can you please suggest me some merhods to get back my ID.
thank you in advance.

1 Like

If you need help accessing your GitHub account, I would recommend contacting GitHub support.
Thunkable can’t help with retrieving accounts on other websites.

2 Likes