How to use Firebase's Realtime DataBase in Thunkable Drag And Drop

There is no option to add Realtime DB UI Component in Thunkable Drag and Drop Interface.

4 Likes

DnD users are intended to use cloud variables.

3 Likes

I Haven’t Learned Using It yet. I Only Knew About Realtime DB

3 Likes

It’s just a much quicker way of user RTDB. Check out the docs Variables - Thunkable Docs

3 Likes

But I Have Taken A Corse And I Am Going To Learn It Later.

3 Likes

Then you’ll have to use the legacy UI. By the way, which course have you taken? I’m interested in Thunkable courses.

1 Like

In One Of my project in Drag And Drop, I actually Get RealTime DB in the blocks section. But in another Project I Get Nothing.

This is drag and drop interface as UI Components are Above Core.

2 Likes

It looks to me that you have imported this code from a saved screen. I noticed when you import a “saved screen” the component list changes to one similar to the old UI every time you are using the saved screen but when you switch to any of the new screens the component list goes back to the new component list.

See this screenshot from the new UI but I imported the switch from an old “Saved Screen”

2 Likes

Oh ok

2 Likes

Hi
I am little confused in this.
Can anyone tell me how to use this code as cloud variable one? I mean how to convert this code using cloud variable?
(with a specific key in RTDB)

1 Like

See this example

2 Likes

Thank you @muneer !!
I’ll try this out and let you know if I have any doubts!

1 Like

Thank you so much @muneer It worked!! :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

@muneer
Just a small doubt… What if I have to save an image? I will do that using a “url” block right? And also for location?
Can you please clear this too? And if possible can you share a code for the same?
Thank you.
Regards,
A learner.

1 Like

Firebase RealtimeDB will not save an image directly in the database. However, you can upload the image to any cloud storage and obtain the URL to the image and save it in a key in the database.

To upload images from the app you need to use Cloudinary and Media DB components.

2 Likes

Ok Thank you!

1 Like

Hi There,

I am interested in drag and drop Thunkable right now and then I tried to make Chat App on DnD Thunkable. After I read the problem on this room discussing and then I realized that I have the same problem like I can’t find block for Realtime Database on DnD Thunkable. Can anybody or you help me? Because this is 2022 maybe someone has been found the trick for the block of Realtime DB on DnD Thunkable, because I didn’t understand if I am using cloud on DnD Thunkable for Realtime DB block.

Hey @sellymitramailandash, the answer is 2 posts above yours. In the DnD version, to use firebase, you’ll use the cloud variables. Here is a link to the relevant docs

1 Like