Rapid API - Pen to Print

Hi Everyone,

I’m teach children writing, and I want to have a little app so that they can write on the screen, the app and then the app will turn their handwriting to text. Essntially, I can turn the canvas into an image, and then I want to use Pen to Print, to turn that image into text. Pen to Print work with RapidAPI, but I’m having trouble connecting the API. I’ve tried to follow all the instructions, but API’s are hard and vary so much. Does anyone have experience of this? Also, if this seems like something that cannot be achieved on thunkable, I’d appreciate any advice, as I don’t want to waste too much time if it doesn’t work.

Thank you in advance,

Simon

This is API Data I’me given

Hi simonwriteclubdi, welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

Be sure to check out our posts about How to ask Great Questions v2.0, our Community Guidelines, and our Docs as you get started.

As for your question, if there is a setting to change it to display as Javascript, then likely you would be able to do this in Thunkable. I am not familiar with the platform you are using, but I would recommend seeing if “Target: Shell” or “Client: Wiget” can be changed to be in a language that can be used with our WebAPI blocks.

Thank you so much for your reply. Apologies for the delay. Im away on holiday, so decided to log off from everything for a few days. I have changed Target to Javascript, but then I have a few options for Client. XMLHttpsRequest, Axios, fetch and jQuery. Do you know which one I should be using? I have tried them all, but same response, however, I’m sure I probably need to change some of my blocks as well. Again, any advice at all is much appreciated. I’m trying to use some of videos and other posts on thunkable, but it’s very confusing.

It should be fetch. Once it is in the fetch form, you will need to translate which section from the javascript code matches with the Web API blocks. Rapid API isn’t loading for me right now, but from what I remember, if there is a body or header section, you would add the values into the web API block.