Push notifications not working when app is closed

Push notifications is working when the app is open and only when the app is open. But I would like it to work when the app is closed or not being used. What am I doing wrong?

@agutthon777c Are you still experiencing this issue. We haven’t gotten any other reports like this. Is it happening in published apps?

Yes, it is happening in both published and unpublished apps. It shows on the one signal panel that it was delivered but it never appears on my phone unless I am in the app.

1 Like

I only get the message if I am sitting in the app.

1 Like

Please see this post from OneSignal and make sure that your phone and your app settings are configured correctly and also make sure you are not force stopping the app as, as explained in the documentation, will result in the notification not delivered to the device.

1 Like

I figured out the problem. It has something to do with my phone. When I installed the app on another phone, it worked as expected. Thanks for the support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.