Problem repeating item in list viewer

Of course I will share with my community when I find the issue. I’m working really hard on understanding and I’m trying to find somebody to help me fast up a bit. I’m totally thankful to you and Mark don’t mistake on that one I was being thankful not meanful, sorry on how you understood this one :confused:

Much love to all thunkers helping daily on this forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Nice day :slight_smile:

Hey @Mark and @User81, I made another type of Asynch loop but this one doesn’t seem to work :

…Is this part :

In this block from Mark’s tutorial :

essential to make it work ? Thanks !

Yes, you need some 'if' block controlling the function call there in order to make sure that there is a way to end the loop. Otherwise, you get something called ‘infinite recursion’ .

1 Like

But If I don’t know how many times I want it to repeat, how should I do ?

I should have looked more closely at your blocks. You do, in fact, have an 'if else' block that is controlling when to end the recursion/loop. It is the one where you test for value != "null". I suspect, though, that what you really want is just an 'if block' which calls 'singleuser' , increments the 'store' value as you already do and calls 'do somethings' as you already do. That will loop around as long as value != "null" and will stop looping when value = "null".

One thing to note, though, is that I suspect that you want to pass a parameter or two your singleuser function, such as value and maybe store, otherwise it might be difficult for singleuser to figure out what to do.

-Mark

1 Like

The thing is that the singleuser function is independant and ran only once.

Update : Is this what you were suggesting ?

Thanks for your help ! :slight_smile:

Hey @Mark !

I think you made a small mistake, actually it will loop as long as the value is equal to null :slight_smile:

But can you find why it is not working then ? Because with what you said, all seems to be fine no ? Maybe I am having the same problem as the same time where I have to wait several days for my app to get functionnal by itself ?

Update :

This made it work ! Thanks again for your precious help ! Awesome day ! :slight_smile: